A ride around Mt. Fuji

Started by HarryTakeuchi, May 26, 2013, 06:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryTakeuchi

I used to work for Suzuki and this weekend I went riding with my friends who are still with Suzuki.
As you can see, these guys are so devoted to Suzuki that they buy samples of the competitors to study out of their own wallet.

Also a short clip of my XZ550D in action; 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYg8EbZz6f0&feature=youtu.be

Harry Takeuchi

Rikugun

Hey, don't look now but there's smoke coming out of that snow capped mountain behind you!  :o  :P  ;D

Cool video! Looks like a very nice S turn. Are you utilizing a dutch angle for increased production value or is the terrian just that pitched?!?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

HarryTakeuchi

Yeah the mountain is actually long overdue for an erruption, the last one being over 300 years ago.

It was a fun ride, the members being a GSX1400, Triumph T100, Ducati Monster 696, and a Ducati Superbike 748 and my XZ550. The GSX and Triumph had go home on the first day so the next day it was the three of us on the Vee twins.

The XZ being the heaviest with the least displacement, but that didn't stop her from leaving the Monster behind (OK the rider hadn't ridden much for the last few years) but of course, was no match for the 748 who just pulled away and dissappears after a few turns.

But it was much more fun to take the XZ thorugh the twisties than expected. I guess it would have been even better without the heavy FRP fairing (which tends to be too warm in this season anyway).

Problem is a oil leak from the head cover developed. I changed the half synthetic to the mineral Valvoline 20W-50 at the end of the first day which in fact improved the situation a little bit, but I don't think it changes the need for a new head cover packing. Otherwise, she runs fine!
Harry Takeuchi

VisionMeister

What a magnificent view. Don't volcanoes create great terrains for laying down beautiful motorcycle roads?
So, do Japanese ride on the left? At first I thought you were cutting the corners but, you never returned to the right lane.

HarryTakeuchi

Yes we drive on the left side. Maybe because we were allied with the British 1902-1923 when we started having automobiles. I dunno.
Harry Takeuchi

Rick G

I'm sure that was it. Made  exporting to GB in the 60's easier!LOL
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

js9_20

Nice photo...  I liked hearing your bike coming before seeing it on the video too.  Nice sound!   ;)