News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Barbers Vintage Days 2013

Started by artbone, June 15, 2013, 10:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artbone

I'm going to be at Barbers in Oct. with the motorhome and the sign just like last year. If anyone is up for it, let me know or just show up.

I'll have beer!
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

artbone

What! No takers?

Come on guys, one of the best motorcycle events in the world, world class museum full of all sorts of old and rare, best time of the year in the south, great racing. . . and you've all got a motorcycle that gets over 50 MPG. Get on it and ride.  ;D

Is this the Riders of Vision or the Owners of Vision club?  ::)
Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

sunburnedaz

1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck

QBS

Bimingham Alabama.  Google Barbers and be prepared to drool.  The most impressive MC museum on the planet, literally.

artbone

The first motorcycle I bought was a 1964 Royal Enfield TT Interceptor. That didn't last long. I ran it into the back of a car on Sunset Blvd. in LA and broke my leg. Next was a 65 Honda 230 Scrambler, bought used (500 miles) from a guy at work. then I realized, "I don't know what I'm going to do with this thing. What can you do with a motorcycle? Polish it and look at it in the garage? Ride it to the pub every so often and talk about your MOTORCYCLE?"

What I did was ride it back to LA, buy a truck and haul a bunch of my junk back to Indiana, and have one of the most fun adventures of my life. Believe me, people are still buying me drinks on stories from that trip.

My point is: are you guys motorcycle owners or are you motorcycle riders?

Motorcycle riding is about adventure and, as Ted Simon said, "The adventure starts when the bike stops."

Ted rode a 74 Triumph 500 around the world in 1974 and he repeated the trip in 2000 when he was 70 years old. He's the author of "Jupiter's Travels," arguably the best motorcycle travel book ever written.

So don't put off your life. Get on with it. Riding a motorcycle (especially an old crock like a Vision) for serious mileage is the most fun, adventurous thing you can do. Well, probably not the "most" but you get my point.

I realize it's not a Vision but I'm riding my 83 Suzuki GS1100E from Indianapolis to Portland OR next month. Paid $1600 on Ebay.

Ride em don't hide em.
Art Bone

'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650