News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Removing clutch switch

Started by tig5, July 20, 2013, 06:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tig5

Hey guys,

The clutch switch on my bike hasn't been installed since I've owned it, it's just been floating around in the headlight area. It looks like the PO crimped it. I want to remove the wire at the nearest connector to  tidy things up a bit. Will I need to close the circuit at the connection to get the bike to start in gear or does removing the wire at the connection disable the safety function? I can't reinstall the wire because the switch part is nowhere to be found.

Re-Vision

This wire you want to remove, is it from the loom or the clutch switch? Do you even have a clutch switch? If not, recommend you get one.

You can tie the Blk/Yel wire to the Blue/Yel wire at the two wire green connector and the starting circuit will act as if the clutch is pulled in even though it's not (Safety disabled).

BDC

tig5

I don't have the switch. I've never owned a bike with a disabling mechanism like this. Is there any reason why I'd really want one? I think I'll just bypass it, thanks for the how-to :)

Rick G

I come from a generation that were our own safety switches. My bike has the side stand switch and the clutch switch disabled . front brake light switch too! These things were created by lawyers  for their  own profit and not to keep you safe! Leave them on or disable them its your decision.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike