News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

chasing a Vision in north dakota

Started by don_vanecek, January 08, 2015, 04:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don_vanecek

So I've been sort of chasing a Vision I first saw early in December on a Fargo ND craigslist, supposedly a rental storage shed repo (that it was obtained from a storage shed that the rent was not paid is what I am assuming).   No title, no key, guy says he has no idea about if the bike is any good or not. I text an offer, yes below what he wanted but this is a 700 plus mile round trip to go get this.  I get no reply.  So just for the hell of it I look at Fargo craigslist again and now a new person has listed it.  That person says they got it to run (so, they have a key now?) took the carbs off, broke a float, and now they have it listed. I text (the add says text) get back a weird reply, called in person, only got a voice mail. 

Geez, am I not following some sort of Craigslist proper protocol, they seeing my phone number from out of state and thinking I am a scam or something.  Geez, the bike pictures look like a nice parts bike and hopefully a motor I can put in my bike.  Something I don't understand here? 

QBS

Sounds like there may be snakes and flakes involved.  Proceed accordingly.

Kenny

Hey Don,
   Its not an Red n' White 83 with White Krauser Bags is it ? - I've been down that way ya know !!
     Hope your keeping well, I still think of our visit on the 25th Anniversary get together !
    Cheers Ken S. ;)   
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

don_vanecek

Nope, not that one Ken, from the pictures it appeared to just be a plain old US 82 that had some painting done to it.  yup, we had quite an adventure back in 2007, if your ever this way look me up. The Vision is currently out of commission but I have a big red Connie now a days.