project direction change

Started by dingleberry, August 11, 2013, 05:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dingleberry

Hi there all. Well aren't I the indecisive one! Please disregard my previous post about the Wards Benelli tank as I have just bought a GS550 tank and spent (too much) time beating it up to fit XZ frame. This is as low as I can fit without cutting to pieces. I know this is not really a modification forum so if there are too many unhappy about seeing an XZ chopped and changed I'll discontinue posting updates. Anyway I'm pretty happy with the look so I'll push on with it (slowly, kids make all progress slow). I've cut the funny pressed part of frame off flush at back seam (above swingarm mount). Hopefully I will be able to show you rear frame seat support mod in a few weeks. Heres some pics...     
You like, oui?

The Prophet of Doom

I love seeing modified XZs  Don't discontinue under any circumstances.
That looks cool - does it differ from the Benelli tank all that much? Perhaps a bit flatter on top?

Rikugun

My only objection to this project will be the slow progress.  ;) Looking forward to seeing the rear frame/seat supports.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

pullshocks

Go for it, and the more you post, the more we learn.

Along similar lines, here is a thread on ADVRider showing many project BMW K series "flying brick" bikes.  http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657248

dingleberry

Thanks for the votes of confidence guys.
Roro, good talking to you today. Thanks for the tips and inspiration.
Pullshocks, nice bikes on that site. Do you have a BMW yourself? And BTW I'm making it up as I go so don't count on learning anything from me!
You like, oui?