News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Return of the Triple

Started by Rikugun, August 11, 2013, 11:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artbone

I figured it was just an error of omission on the part of the magazine. I would be surprised if any bike in that class didn't have ABS at least as an option.
You can see that I've got a lot of bikes but I don't have any with ABS. I had a BMW 1200 GS that had it but I hated the bike. Not because of the brakes.
Well, actually one of the reasons was the brakes. The ABS went out about a month after the warranty expired.
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

supervision

Hey Art, on that new, lithium battery in one of your bikes, they do not like overcharging, make sure your running voltage is not over 14.5.   Also I didnotice the abs feature as an option.  Vision meister and I were on a ride yesterday and I saw on of the new gs, with the down draft intake, fancy suspension.
" border="0

tig5

I read an article on the new MT today. Apparently Yamaha has been asking some of the test riders what they'd think about the engine in an adventure bike. That sounds interesting.

Rikugun

I wonder if they'll leave the "Super Ten's" twin alone and come up with another model to compete with Triumph's Tiger models  - could be interesting.  :)

In other news, Can Am's 2014 Spyder RT model will be sporting a Rotax 1.3 liter triple.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Rikugun

Cycle World comparison: FZ09, MV's Brutale 800 and Triumph Street Triple R
http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/10/10/yamaha-fz-09-vs-triumph-street-triple-r-vs-mv-agusta-brutale-800-comparison-test-review-specs-photos/

Despite (or due too?) it's low cost the testers like it.  :) Like everything it's not perfect but some of the praise:
"...the FZ-09 is a lot of bike for the money"
"...puts a bullet in boring bargain bikes"
"It feels like it is pumping 1,000cc power out of the 847cc motor"
"On smoother roads, the Yamaha behaves fantastic, and the riding position is best for longer rides."
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

pullshocks

I think a sport touring version a la BMW F800GT would be a natural.  Not sure if the market is there for such a bike, though I would be interested.

More likely would be a v-strom-like "adventure" style...hopefully without adding a lot to the price as Suzuki is now doing with the V-strom 1000  $12,000+

pullshocks

There is a not very enthusiastic review of the FZ9 in the new Motorcycle Consumer News

Rikugun

Have a link?

here's one that seems consistent with the other reviews out there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCIg4S52aCs