Vision Project... Looking for ideas.

Started by sunburnedaz, August 14, 2013, 10:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburnedaz

So thanks to Rick. I have a spare vision frame to build off of. Since I already have my lovely current vision. What would you do if you had a spare vision to build. I have kicked around the idea of a bober, a crazy lets see what kind of power I can get out of this old motor bike, but thats really it. Anyone got any other ideas?
1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck

Re-Vision

dingleberry

You like, oui?

Jimustanguitar

Gun-fighter seat with a bobbed tail or cowled passenger seat. Hugger rear fender with a wider tire. Naked except for a windscreen.

Jimustanguitar

I've got a set of 4 (2-hi and 2-low) projector style headlights that are waiting on a project. You could make a cool fairing with headlights, ram-air intake (or at least cold air), and a radiator cowl.

mdskinner731

i like the vision trike idea...      or figure out how to install a 6th gear
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

jefferson

The 6 spd gearbox has been done on a Vision although it was a chain driven one using an RD350 or 400 transmission. Greg Stephenson was the builder of the bike which you can find pictures of on Eurospares. Alot of work went into that bike. Never heard if it turned a wheel.

Jeff

fret not

Sidecar

4 separate exhaust pipes with nice cans, or all into one can.  Make it neat and tidy with no sharp bends.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Jirik

In my country, there is a guy, who has XZ with sidecar Velorex: http://motomys.rajce.idnes.cz/Chynovsky_kopec_2012/#Kopec021.jpg , http://motomys.rajce.idnes.cz/Chynovsky_kopec_2012/#Kopec022.jpg .
Unfortunately I don't know him personally. It looks good together.

fret not

That side car looks good.  Not as racy as I was thinking for a custom project Vision, but much more practical.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!