Brought a new girl home last night.

Started by Jimustanguitar, August 18, 2013, 05:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimustanguitar

Jimustanguitar

That's my new '08 Buell 1125R. It's a liquid cooled, fuel injected, V-Twin. 6 speeds, belt drive, and all of the usual Buell accoutrements. (the fuel goes in the frame, what looks like a gas tank is the air box, the exhaust is belly mounted, inverted forks, etc)

I found her in Detroit with only 2300 miles. We were there for a friend's wedding anyway, and I've always wanted a Buell, so I checked on EBay and fund the right one. My wife is calling it our anniversary present, but I didn't really ask her first :)

Not sure what this means for the Vision. I may put on all the goodies I've been collecting for it and just sell it in the spring. What have others done at this crossroad? The vision isn't really worth that much money, but I hate to get rid of it. I need the space though...      Not sure.

Rick G

Buy a shed for the back yard  , your going to need more space as time progresses.  I have 7, don't have a garage and none are stored with out cover. The best are in a shed  , the others are under a very good tarp. So, keep your Vision  and get MORE motorcycles!  LOL
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Jimustanguitar

Rikugun

Very cool!  :D In a way they were as odd as the Vision when they arrived on the scene. But I n a good way of course. LOL  Is that Rotax powered or did they just help with design? I rode one of the old HD powered ones but I'll bet it's nothing like yours. Have you ridden it yet? Give us a riding impression after you get some miles on her.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Jimustanguitar

Yep, it's a Rotax. They're supposed to be smoother and more refined than the HD powered machines. Real torque monsters too.

I have to put a clutch cylinder in it before I can ride it. That's very common on these, and it's only $100.

I'll let you know!

fret not

The 'solution' will be an ongoing balance between you and your sweetie, so do something really nice for her SOON.  Then get rid of the round headlight thing in the corner to make room for your daily riders.

Unless your lady has a burning desire to ride a bike of her own I would discourage you from teaching her to ride.  Does she ride as a passenger with you?
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Jimustanguitar

My wife isn't a huge fan of riding 2 up. We've only done it a few times, and it made her a little uncomfortable. I like the thought of riding around together, but it's also good alone time for me. I'll let her decide on the Buell, but just in case, it does have a cowl for the back seat :)

The round headlight against the wall is my old Seca 400. It has an oil pressure problem due to my liberal use of crankcase sealant. My intention for a long time has been to unload it, but I don't really want to sell a basket case. Maybe this winter will be the winter to insulate my garage and ready it for a new rider.

Bike sale in the spring?