Therapy in Orange!

Started by Craig B, August 24, 2013, 10:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig B

Here you go after a couple of years of mucking  about and constant rear exhaust mod's she's just about there ;D She's the milk run/ beer run machine baby!

dingleberry

Bloomin nice Craig. Like what you have done to the back end and seat. Many members will be keen for info/pics on making your pipes including me. Any engine mods done? Should really read your posts before I start sprouting off questions I suppose.
You like, oui?

iain

Craig B

Sure thing I was going to do a full blurb at some stage. As far as the rear exhaust is concerned, it does require the center stand being removed and the frame cut/grind to allow the bigger pipes to come through. Don't know if the other members would be keen on that? And because of how tight it is to work around the rear ports when the frame is on, you have to bolt the exhaust onto the motor first then mount the frame around it. oh yeah first I had to make a stand for the motor so I could work around it, which I bolted to the front bottom motor mount. Ha when I sit here and think of what process I took, its hard to write in a few sentences. Ha if I go right back to the beginning first I had to build a shed! ::)

Craig B

;D We'll the shed started it's life as a stage for a band that I was in at the time ::) till the drummer decided to move to Australia  :( etc...etc...etc. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

George R. Young

Colours are perfect for Halloween.

Craig B

hehehe Might give ya nightmares a?

The Prophet of Doom

Pretty cool - sort of KTM meets Yamaha Vision.  Is the paint brush on, spray on? Heat proof?
Love the pipes

Craig B

Paints all spray can at the moment, supercheap auto $3 a can. Motor, heat proof dupli-colour also supercheap. I will probably strip it down and repaint parts again with spray gun as the can paint chips too  easy. The heat proof paint gives good coverage and finish as long as you get the surface oil free. The bike ended up heaps lighter with the old three into two exhaust gone.

Craig B

Had this crazy idea for the tank. I thought about cutting an oval shape in the tank just above carbs, (seeing as their down draft) and display a couple of pod air filters. But my only concern would be back firing though the carbs. Would not want my bike to explode underneath me. :laugh: Whats your thoughts anyone. Can ya picture it? A couple of K&N's sticking through the tank.

The Prophet of Doom

You'd be getting cool air so guaranteed better performance.

It would look tits, and a little backfire flame would just enhance things.  There's no reason why you couldn't have curved stacks to point away from your face.

Craig B

Supremo chuckles, one reason to keep the face hair trimed  ;D

fret not

Probably LOTS of intake noise if you do that, but it would look cool.   If you get to be old enough your hearing will diminish anyway but I would suggest not causing it go disappear any faster than necessary. 

You could glue on some "velocity stacks" to the top of the tank and folks would think they actually function.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Rick G

If you want to really screw up the way your vision runs , put the pod filters on. A vision with stock carbs will not run for $hit  with out the air box and the vacuum diaphragm  and flapper set up . You CANNOT compensate by re-jetting. This was tried log ago and produced disastrous results.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Craig B

Yeah have already tried the pods for the extra air flow and your right runs like crap. Was also considering to replace flapper and air box with a mechanical butterfly valve. Be easier then to tweak performance. With my latest bike, I'm just about getting to feel what a new one was like. Took a bit of undoing the previous owners mods (screwed the flapper open= no power on hills!). Just like the hot rod look, though with the fuel vapors coming from the tank cap especially in hot weather and being that close to the pod filters still screams disaster and would take more time then it would be worth.

dingleberry

Don't arse about Craig, be the first to mount a supercharger!
You like, oui?

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: Craig B on August 26, 2013, 05:03:23 PM
with the fuel vapors coming from the tank cap especially in hot weather and being that close to the pod filters still screams disaster .
No wakkas - put on a non venting cap, and braze on a vent that has a pipe that leads far far away. 

Craig B

Good god man your right. I didn't think of venting elsewhere. Thanks

dingleberry

No bites on the supercharging? C'mon how freaking cool would that be! Is it feasible anybody? Any shithot engineers out in visionary world that think that its do-able? Anything is possible....
(10 stella artois talking)
You like, oui?

Craig B

Please send super charger and I will install ;D. 10 stellas a ow that's gonna hurt.