News:

Main Menu

How to build a cafe racer

Started by The Prophet of Doom, October 30, 2013, 05:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

I'm not normally one for re-posts, but anyone who is considering turning their XZ into a cafe racer would be well advised to take a look at this series on youtube from Ichiban Moto.  Lots of fabricating and handy tips...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uETiNmMKl-A&list=PL-4anqRqmWpdGGaDPhZxEYQFpNKAfu_5C

dingleberry

I'll file that link away in the "when I get broadband" department. Looking like maybe a month to go, yippee
You like, oui?

couchflyer

1982 Yamaha Vision ~ 1 Black & 1 Red
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S
2008 Ducati 1098 ~ Track only
Sola Scriptura

pinholenz

I am not quite sure if this is a spoof or a genuine attempt to be a quality builder. I particularly enjoyed the bum warmer. Its a shame that the seat construction foam is going to be such a good insulator or did he remove it all? And how is the 12 volt DC bike battery going to power the resistance in the 240 AC volt heating coil?  Would this really work? Oops, no second carb. Never mind, we'll cobble one together. EBay carb isn't a match? No worries,  just drill the jets out , hack a couple of plastic bottles to make up some cool venturis and hack the flange off. Gob-smakingly good fun. Loved it! I hope he gets it fired up soon.
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550