News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Stock Carbs are GONE now.

Started by Single Carb Vision, November 03, 2013, 02:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvincer

This thread  started in November 2013 ...... any photos yet?

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: cvincer on April 22, 2015, 01:58:42 AM
This thread  started in November 2013 ...... any photos yet?
Nah it's all BS

fret not

Maybe a real dual throat Weber would be a better answer.  Didn't John Clemmons put one on his racer?
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

The Prophet of Doom

I've got a dual throat weber - it was on Glynn's bike and I liberated it.
Haven't decided to use that or to beat my stock ones into submission

cvincer

Perhaps  Treedragon (New Zealand) with his dual throat off a Ducati & that chap in Europe using a

Dell O'rto are the only ones.

The Prophet of Doom

Glynn's Vision was his daily rider.  He was very pleased with the Weber - the only reason I ended up with it is that he sold his bike to Iain down the road and I talked Iain out of it.  I'm still working on getting the rest of the bike :-)   There are picture of the conversion somewhere on this site.

Treedragon is not riding last I heard following an incident with a dyno. 

cvincer

.......... that's a shame, his exploits with the XZ were very interesting.  Viewing his website displaying his artwork shows he had considerable talent in other areas also.

Rikugun

Quote from: cvincer on April 23, 2015, 07:21:30 AM

.......... that's a shame, his exploits with the XZ were very interesting.  Viewing his website displaying his artwork shows he had considerable talent in other areas also.

Agreed. I hope all is well with Martin.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

The Prophet of Doom

Martin sounded healthy enough - it's his vision that's seized.  It wasn't even him on it at the time.

Rikugun

Oh.  Well that's not good either.  :(
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Glyn

Yep I think the best mod I ever made to my bike was to put an IDF weber carb onto it. Easy to tune and good materials. Getting the manifold welded up was the largest expense. Still when you add up the cost of keeping cleaning the stock carbs it makes alot of sense however.