News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Vision Tracker

Started by per_w_aberg, December 01, 2013, 06:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

per_w_aberg

That voltage led meter sure looks ok. My m-unit v2 says its good for H4 55/60W and thats what i got. I will investigate this further though since the symptom fits the theory of the m-unit shutting down. Maybe an iPhone with FaceTime placed under the seat could give me monitoring of the m-units leds? That's the preferred method for controlling if your refrigerator lights actually goes of when shutting the door.

Reading up on LiPo batteries its clear most of them has no internal balancing and that some, not all, have a separate balancing plug that goes with an expensive clever charger with an extra balancing wire. Most has neither though and seems to work for most folks.  RC (radio controlled) enthusiasts are on the front line of LiPo batterie knowledge with there electric powered toys. I met a guy all in to that and he said he could build me a battery pack no problem, with balancing and all. There's apparently a good chance of spectacular disasters and they treat there pacs as if they were explosives. But I might just wait for the market to mature and run on lead the short while thats left of the summer.

Your bonus pic is of me and a friend picking up two rental bikes from a hole in the wall. I got a Honda Pan European. Always wondered  how a proper tourer ran like. Its unreal to push the speed on this one of these. So smooth and effortless. But also boring and dangerous. Its now clear that a cruser is my stressless and life preserving path in life.

per_w_aberg

Time to close the build thread with a spiffy presentation. I would like to thank everyone for sharing your thoughts and support here at ROV and especially POD for giving me the fork brace! You guys are crazy in a great way :) Winter is on the way here so the riding is of and the bike will stay put. Till we meet again.

http://youtu.be/L6rGrzmaxHY

QBS

Very well done!  Looks highly professional with wonderful details.  Minor problem.  It's entirely too clean.  Looking forward to a real world track test report.  Thank you for your time, trouble, and $ to do this project for all of us to enjoy.

The Prophet of Doom

An excellent build.  Well done.
Love the Cosworth sticker

Rikugun

Thanks for sharing the build. It was fun to follow along especially with such regular updates, lots of photos and a well executed result. I learned a thing or two along the way so that's always nice as well.  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan