News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Simple Tip

Started by Craig B, December 10, 2013, 10:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig B

If anybody's interested, i have a simple modify to allow for easier access to the front cylinder spark plug. What I've done with all my XZ's, is to drop the radiator down 25-30mm using a spacer at the top mount. Also had to make up a couple of brackets for the side mounts. What this allows you to do is sneak a 3/8 ratchet extension, in over the top of your radiator to access your spark plug. I also like the way it now makes the bike look a little chunkier in the front, and the hoses have more room. I think it actually helps with operating temperature having more of a space between the front cylinder and the radiator as more air can get around said parts. My bike never over heats anyway when riding, and i have noticed it takes a little longer to warm up.

Rick G

I use  a 2 6inch extensions with a u joint in between . I don't have to remove or loosen anything1
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

jefferson

You are going to have to get some pictures up of that bike with the orange engine. What I can see I really like!

Jeff