News:

Main Menu

Clutch Switch

Started by Lester56, April 18, 2014, 03:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lester56

So....it's been a few years since I took my '82 apart. I'm trying to get it to start now, and I have this rogue plunger switch. I "think" it's a clutch switch but I've replaced my left and right control boxes (starter, lights, etc) with after market items and I don't see where this plunger switch goes.  I know the circuit should allow the starter to 'go' if the tranny is in neutral and the side stand is up.

My Question is: Do any of you have a picture of where this devil goes?  I'll load up a bunch of pictures and share my project.

P.S. I've sawed off the entire back frame :D

Lester
1982 Vision - heavily modified
1984 Honda VF700S Sabre
2002 Honda Interceptor
2006 Triumph Sprint ST ABS

pinholenz

From what you describe it does sound like a starter switch off the clutch. The other "go" condition for the starter is when the clutch lever is pulled in. If you don't need/want that safety over-ride, then you should be able to just  bypass the switch.

Both the side stand switch and the clutch switch were disabled on my bike by the PO.
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

Lester56

I fund my old lever assembly and saw where the switch went. I ordered a replacement part from eBay. My unit's thread pattern is ripped out.
1982 Vision - heavily modified
1984 Honda VF700S Sabre
2002 Honda Interceptor
2006 Triumph Sprint ST ABS