Has anybody tried EBC HH brake pads?

Started by pullshocks, May 02, 2014, 10:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullshocks

I rode my son's FZ-1 last weekend and the Vision's brakes now feel pretty feeble..

Short of adapting modern brakes, the options seem to be stainless steel lines (already installed) and upgraded pads.

supervision

I put 83 forks on my 82 and used the 82 m/s. The brakes were so touchy 1 finger was all you needed. As time has gone by two fingers is now what I use. 
" border="0

Rikugun

Just curious why you opted for the smaller master?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

supervision

The 83 was crusty looking, that was why I put on the 82. 
" border="0

supervision

I just looked it I did in year 2000, sense then I've gone 31,000 miles, 12,000 of those on my replacement engine (which now is up to 20,000 miles). Their were some EBC pads on the 83 donor brakes. I think soon I will put some new brake fluid and pads.
" border="0

pullshocks

Moot point, they do not offer the sintered pads to fit Visions

pullshocks

Installed a master cylinder rebuild kit and flushed the fluid.  Still not 1 finger sensitive, but  it does seem better.

I found that DP standard sintered pads are available, but only rated GG

Bikemaster has a sintered set available, no friction rating given.

SBS has a ceramic pad. H2OLawyer posted about them a while back.

According to the EBC web site their organic kevlar brakes perform as well as sintered pads in street use, but I believe they are rated GG. 

sunburnedaz

I have them on my 82. Frankly you will not be impressed with them, I'm not. Only thing they do better than the organics I had before is last. While the organics were out by 7K these are at 7K or more with lots of meat left on them.
1982 Yamaha XZ550 - Almost bone stock
2005 Honda F4i - Nothing stock
98 ZX-6R Track Bike
1998 Chevy truck - AKA recovery truck