News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Stumbled Upon a Vision by accident, fell in love

Started by BigHarp, May 06, 2014, 07:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigHarp

What's up everyone. I've been riding in general for about 8 years, mostly crotch rockets. However, last week when I was buying a scooter for my wife, when I stumbled upon a ad on craigslist for a $600 running bike. With my ZX-9 Ninja currently down for repairs, I figured what the hey, I'll go ahead and grab it up to ride in the meantime. At only 549cc's I wasn't expecting much, boy was I glad to be wrong. The Vision quickly became a bike that I planned on selling in a few weeks, to a bike that I plan on passing down to my kids.
1982 Yamaha XZ650 Vision: Daily Rider
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C:  4 into 1 Mac exhaust, 1" drop handlebars
1972 Honda CL350: Unplanned Project
1997 Kawasaki ZX-9R: Micron exhaust, Holeshot2 Power Shifter

QBS

Welcome aboard.  Congratulations on seeing the light.

Rikugun

Welcome to the forum. I see you have a KZ650. That's one of my favorite bikes of the period that I almost bought but didn't and always regretted.  :) 
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

BigHarp

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.

Quote from: Rikugun on May 07, 2014, 01:31:02 PM
Welcome to the forum. I see you have a KZ650. That's one of my favorite bikes of the period that I almost bought but didn't and always regretted.  :) 

Yeah, the KZ was my first bike. She makes incredible power, even running balls out on the highway I catch myself trying to upshift for another gear because the engine still has some more in her she wants to give. I see KZ650's on craigslist here and there for under $1000. It's worth it to keep and eye out.

1982 Yamaha XZ650 Vision: Daily Rider
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C:  4 into 1 Mac exhaust, 1" drop handlebars
1972 Honda CL350: Unplanned Project
1997 Kawasaki ZX-9R: Micron exhaust, Holeshot2 Power Shifter

dingleberry

Nice looking bike. I have two KZ440, one of which ended up in a concrete wall at a flat track meeting. Went like the clappers, keeping up with a GSX750 until some clown washed out in front of me.
You like, oui?