News:

Main Menu

Brutus Bistro

Started by Guerrero, May 07, 2014, 10:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guerrero

Guyz.just want to tell you my story...
PFound out that i need carbs for my XZ,so started to look for them.Got e-mail of one guy,who is working with bikes and everithink,he have his shop "Brutus Bistro".we made a deal,i sent him the money(the price of carbs+shipping).and then started the whole 'fun'...he sent me the wrong carbs,i gues from 83 model.but well,who does not mistake.everithing is fine,and i sent carbs back to him,payed from my pocket for shipping back.he said,that he got the right ones,so now everithing will be just great.and that he will send them in few dayz.First time carbs came to me 7-8 days.so it was fast.
So since his e-mail,that he will send them to me,was going 5 week.he was not answering my emails.when finaly one day,he showed up,and with big apologies said,that will send carbs to me in 2 days.
Well,every one can have some problems,so i was ok with that.and so one more month got pass.again he was answering only few of my emails.saying,that carbs will come any day now.when,it was i guess again 5 week going,he said,that U.S. postage,i guess,had make some mistake,or something,and carbs has lost.
oh well,but he got new set of carbs,and sent them to me again.
now it is again 1 month passed.but he is not answering not for 1 email since,he said,that "they came out yesterday"...

I really dont know what to do now...i have spent 180 USD on this whole thing,and most important-4 month+ but still got no carbs.so it is summer,and my bike is not running.
I am really sad about this whole thing...

Maybe some one can help me?   then name is Jon Treber,i guess owner of "Brutus Bistro"

yeah,you could say,maybe he got no internet or something,but on his facebook page of shop once in a while some new posts,and pfotos of new bikes come out.

Probbobly it was worst englis,you could see here,im sorry for that.but i think,you got the idea...and,if some one,some how could help me with this,maybe some info.i would be really really thankfull.

Cheers,Tom

Rikugun

Thanks for the heads up and sorry to hear about the problems you are having. Is he from Rainier Oregon? If so I think he is a forum member.  I noticed on his "Bistro" Facebook page there is a Vision prominently displayed. There are also several Vision pictures (including carbs) in the photo section.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Re-Vision

Ask him to send you your money back.     BDC

Guerrero

Yes it is the same man,from Rainier Oregon. How can i even ask him to send me back money,if he is not answering my emails..plus i payed taxes,even i asked him not to put price of carbs on package,and shipped first wrong one back to him for my money..so need to figure out somehow..

Re-Vision

Tell him you can reach 1000 Vision Owners and label him a lying, stealing sob. Maybe he will return your money if he thinks it may affect his business.     BDC

Guerrero

:D actually not bad idea,i think will need to try that.i even tried to contact his son through Facebook,but no answer from him too.
well,then need to try like you said=)

Rikugun

Quote from: Re-Vision on May 07, 2014, 03:56:53 PM
Tell him you can reach 1000 Vision Owners and label him a lying, stealing sob. Maybe he will return your money if he thinks it may affect his business.     BDC

Just to be fair maybe we should get fiat-doctor's side of the story first?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Guerrero

by fiat-doctor  you mean Jon Treber?the man with whom i have this incident?
if you can contact him and get his side of story,or atleast get some info,that would be wonderfull

Rikugun

Yes, I think that is his ROV account name. Why don't you send him an IM first and let us know what he says.

Guerrero

Thanks for help.just sent him PM.

Rikugun

Hopefully it was a nice and respectful query because I got the name wrong - it's fiatracer, not fiat-doctor. That's what I get for relying on a very plastic memory. My apologies to fiat-doctor. Oops  :-[  :)

Guerrero

Yeah.
With fiat-doctor we already got everithing clear.not him =) it is ok,because when i sent email with 'Re-Vision' idea text,he replayed!!! =) we'll see,will i get those carbs now..

Guerrero

but just curious,is it really U.S. postage so bad that 2 times in a row,quite big package can be lost?and there is no tracking nombers,no nothing? how come is that?

Re-Vision

US Postage is pretty bad. If no tracking number, it is because the shipper was too cheap to request it. I doubt it was ever shipped.    BDC

Guerrero

...darn.yeah,this Jon did not wanted to take tracking number..dont know why..im pretty dissapointed.and sad.will hope for best.any way,he dont want to return my money..

The Prophet of Doom

UP Postage is variable.  I've ordered a lot of stuff and although nothing has ever gone missing permanently, it can be really slow at times.  5 months is my record.

Postage does come with guarantees, so he should be able to lodge a claim of missing parcel through the post office.  I never send out items of value without a tracking number because it stops people bitching that I haven't sent their stuff, or lying that they haven't received it.

On the tax thing, customs forms are a statutory declaration.  Putting incorrect information on them in most countries is a criminal offence, as is asking someone to do it.

Guerrero

about taxes.he is not some company or something,but just random man,and sending not new item,but carbs from 82 year bike=)lets say friend sending gift,so there should not be any price.u can say the price is 20usd,and everithing will be fine,how u can say,how much worth item of 30 years.(i hope you understand my idea :) )
but yeah,tracking number would be nice...

and btw,i hope you are not telling that about me,that i am bitching..i am just sad,that i spent money,and have waited for 5 month,but still got nothing.and i am not lying that i have not got those carbs...i am not that kind of person..

The Prophet of Doom

Well since they are only worth $20, you shouldn't be so upset about them going missing in the mail :-)

Guerrero

...yeah only in real,i lost 180 usd on this whole thing..

The Prophet of Doom

Oh and I wasn't implying you were lying, just that some people do and I've learned the hard way to always use tracking services.