News:

Main Menu

Cool new safety technology

Started by Jimustanguitar, May 12, 2014, 09:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimustanguitar

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-x-1-the-only-motorcycle-helmet-accessory-that-can-save-your-life/x/7483380

This is a helmet sensor that detects when you've been in a crash, and the design team is working to make the device use your cell phone to call for help automatically. It also is a transducer that turns your helmet shell into a speaker so that you don't have to use in-ear buds or jam a rigid speaker in the ear pockets on the soft interior of your helmet to use a communicator or listen to the radio.

If you think it's cool, fund it! That's how small inventors get off the ground with great ideas.
This is one of the crowdfunding campaigns where if they don't reach your goal you get a refund.

Jimustanguitar

Pass this along to any other communities that you are part of. I think these guys have a great idea, and I'd like to see their project funded in the next 11 days.

dingleberry

Nice idea unless you have called into a bar for a coldie and knock your helmet off the table by accident...

Seriously a good idea that will save many lives over a wide range of activities I'm sure. Something like this would have big investors chomping at the bit to get involved I would have thought.     
You like, oui?

fret not

That is "champing" at the bit.  It's horse speak for those that didn't know. 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Jimustanguitar

That's one of those 4 legged motorcycles, right?     :)

Jimustanguitar

This campaign is in its final 2 days, don't forget to contribute if you believe in the product!! 

If funding is not reached, you can still place a pre-order with the folks at Apex (website coming next week). I also got the inside track that they'll honor the early adopter prices from those who supported the campaign, so jump on this one early to get the best deal!