News:

Main Menu

AIR COOLED VISION PAINTED

Started by guzzi john, May 15, 2014, 02:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guzzi john

dingleberry

You have done a great job there GJ. Wondered what barrels you had grafted on until I read previous posts. Love the way the Virago engines hang on frame. What is the handling like compared to Vision when cornering aggressively, and generally? That seat probably does not lend itself to aggressive riding eh?  ;)
You like, oui?

guzzi john

It is amazingly good-seat works great. I got the ergoes right for my body and with the center axle XJ fork the handling is nice & quick. Feels nimbler than Vision due to (60#?) less weight. Certainly a bit slower-got 85 on top after short run but great fun. Very flexible motor that will putt along happily @ low revs w/o Vision's carb issues. If I need faster there's the Cafe'd Silver Wing and the Futura. ;)

dingleberry

Great stuff. Fast is not always best anyway. I have more fun on my BSA A65 than any other and that's only good for 100mph but pulls like a horny bull all the way there. Vibes are a bit hard on the body these days. :(
Keep up the good work.
You like, oui?

guzzi john

Everyone needs a good chuckle! I took the AC Vision to the "BLIND LIZARD RALLY" Sunday and it ran great. That's after more than a month of fiddling w the fuel system. I had carbs apart several times,float levels moved up & down,petcock & fuel pump apart twice,tank Red Koted x 2. After all that it would still load up and run on one. The last time I pulled the bowls and replaced the 1983 bowl gasket rings I noticed that the screws holding the jet holder casting to the carb body were missing in the offending carb. Guess who left them out when initially cleaned?  ::)