News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

A Return, with brief Message about Costa Rica

Started by kiawrench, May 23, 2014, 07:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

I have returned to my home in South Carolina, with no intention of ever leaving paved surfaces again.
The job was supposed to be simple  thing- turned into nightmare on daily basis. Was to be dealing with tourist groups,, instead was mostly teenagers .should have been 6 weeks on, a month off. I just got first weekend off in over 7 months. Was told they would provide lodging, travel costs and pretty much anything I needed. As long as it wasn't needed this week , or next.
Guess I should have read fine print with bigger lens,,

message about Costa Rica-- everything is legal, but everything can get you arrested, save your money, hit self in head with hammer ,go back to work in a week. saves a lot of additional pain and suffering.

I do not have a bike right now, but fear not, am looking to move into world of short wheelbase trikes. maybe street glide with hannigan kit, gold wing with tri-king , but never -ever a can/am spyder.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

fret not

Welcome home again.  What job did you sign on for?
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

kiawrench

was supposed to be a admin position with Windham tours, help tour groups stay out of trouble with language gaps, help keep them on scheduled events. turned into baby sitting job for rich teens without any concept of the word NO .
  there are more loopholes in local laws than a chain mail shirt. and a lot are made up as the day warms up too.  wont be going back, is easier to find vision parts than it is to order a decent steak there.

I think there is only four food groups there: plantains and bananas, rice, beans , and chef's select(anything available in market today)which means fish or crab   all great the first week, but gets old on day three.

thinking now maybe open a small gyro stand ,or maybe roach coach-- patrol the beach and do nothing .

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

fret not

Well, at least you are home safely and have some stories to tell.  It could have been worse.  ;)  Now, about those stories . . . . . .
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!