What I'm listening to while I drill holes in my brake levers:

Started by The Prophet of Doom, July 13, 2014, 01:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

Always interesting to hear what other people are listening to:

Here's my latest new find: Alice Francis - Shoot him down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xE6nONHbV4

fret not

That tune has a rather compelling drive to it, . . . . and strange lyrics.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

dingleberry

Funky pussy shack?! Yeah, quite a catchy tune and nice vocal. WHY and where are you drilling holes in your brake lever?
I can't stop listening to "Mumford and Sons" lately.
You like, oui?

The Prophet of Doom

Speed holes.  I'll post a pic in my main thread when I've done both of them.  Looking promising so far.

Mumford and Sons are rather hillbilly aren't they? You might Like the Felice Brothers then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJr8yd-HgRs

dingleberry

Yeah not bad, sounds kinda Bob Dylanish. Love that vid, it reminds me of the hijinks I used to get up to with an old friend. :(
You like, oui?

Rikugun

Bonus points for use of a 4 1/2" angle grinder @ 1:14.

+1 on Mumford and Sons

Another "Dylanesque" sounding artist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMzTIwgghdI

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

drtaco

Quote from: ProphetOfDoom on July 13, 2014, 01:27:01 AM
Always interesting to hear what other people are listening to:

Here's my latest new find: Alice Francis - Shoot him down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xE6nONHbV4

most excellent!!! with the video too!! I swear I went to a world market store 2 days ago bought a 6 pack of beer from around the world today started with a couple of bud, bold rock hard cider(won't bad but its the wife's thing) and decided to start world tour did a dos X from mexico, finished an eppes turkey, some French 1886 I think, an Italian possum piss, now finishing some aussie copper thing with $hit in the bottom of the bottle and then hear and see this from a nuh zeeeelander, god life is good!!BTW couldn't find any new Zealand beer - good $hit just can't survive the trip?

fret not

Beer is meant to be consumed fairly locally, so I think they keep the good stuff and drink it there.  Kind of like we do.  We only send off the stuff we don't want to consume.  God only knows why anyone wants to drink Budwiser, get my drift?  No one drinks beck's beer in Germany.  It's meant for selling, not drinking. ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

The Prophet of Doom

Actually NZ exports nearly half of its production from 250 brewers.  No idea where it goes,  though I can't imagine Virginia, USA is on the very top of anyone's "where shall we export to" list.  I've only heard of it because that's where my tobacco is grown, and the pentagon I suppose, and the Dukes of Hazard, and The Waltons.

dingleberry

Gee I used to watch The Waltons when I was a kid but can't remember much about it. Just had to refresh my memory of the theme song on youtube! Also was a big fan of The Dukes of Hazard - will never forget Daisy Duke :P
You like, oui?

The Prophet of Doom

dingleberry

She has certainly put on the beef, dunno 'bout the little denim shorts now. Still good looking, suppose I wouldn't charger..

Oh and if you have considered it, please don't show a current photo of Boss Hogg (I actually think he is dead).
You like, oui?

drtaco

YEE-HAW BOYS YEE HAW !! first bud be local, just made few miles across the river from me and boys work'in there get it free (you may say poor bastards  :P ) they feed all that choice barley and hops to the male Clydesdales, hook up the milking machines to'em ( ain't to no utter) and magic you got Budweiser. if it says beeeer i'll try it. I tied Guinness in bottle here tasted like peat moss, but went to Ireland and it won't bad fresh (smithwicks was better). our biggest import to VA , I think is trash and garbage from up north. I have picked tobacco and smoked it plus some other va homegrown ;) . been to Walton mountain, about them dukes - around  them there places if she ain't good enough for her first couzins, then she ain't good enough for anyone else's family ;). like non -alcoholic beer and havin oral sex with your first cuzin, it may taste ok but it just ain't right :o.
by the way sweet corn is makin, time for pickin.
if you need some more suggestions on music - young men cursing, try godsmack its not a little vulgar, its a lot.