Back in the V-twin fold again

Started by George R. Young, August 12, 2014, 02:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George R. Young

Rikugun

Sweet! How many miles?  It looks very clean, congrats and enjoy.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Jimustanguitar

My brother had one that same color. Always was a good looking bike, doesn't look 14 years old at all.

Enjoy!

George R. Young

49000 km, had a few issues when I bought it that I'm currently fixing up. Vision experience is helpful. It passed the safety check and is registered and I've taken it out for a few short rides.

dingleberry

Very nice condition. How does it compare power wise to the Vision? Any hiccups or suchlike from the carbs? The SV has a racing class here in NZ, not sure if that's a worldwide thing.
You like, oui?

fret not

I had an '02 SV650N, which is the last year for carburetors, and no hesitations or stumbles.  Very strong motors.  Riding position is a bit too "sporty" for me.  Great bikes for sure, but my preference would be the V-Strom due to the riding position.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

George R. Young

It has CV carbs and they're quite civilized. As I recall (it's been sold over 11 years), the Vision carburetion was fine also.

The riding position is definitely leaned forward and sporty. However, it's a deliberate choice. The SV650S is my sunny Sunday afternoon ride, I have a Concours with a more upright riding position for touring.

The Honda VTR1000 was another tempting way to V-Twindom, but it's more of a real sporting bike and the insurance was prohibitive. Besides I already have a 1000 cc Concours.