Series regulator install on SV650S

Started by George R. Young, November 25, 2014, 10:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbosteve84

Wow! I think George might have nailed it. I'll pass this along to my electrics guy. Last time I tried to do electric work myself I took out half the Northeast US grid (yeah, that was me. Sorry).

For the record, the connections were all in the right place before the battery was installed, so no chance of the TCI being fried. The Triumph adapter I was referring to is the T2500676 unit.

Below, for your amusement, is a photo of the wiring as it stands now. Tomorrow's job is for me to make it all nice and tidy before my electrics guy returns next week to connect the Motogadget.

Steve
Steve
saddlebums.tumblr.com

pinholenz

My MOSFET is a solid performer. I have installed a digital voltmeter to keep an eye on things as I ride. Its at a rock steady 14V under most conditions. However, I have got a used Polaris unit from a wrecker and will install that over the winter. Looking forward to all that extra horsepower/ extra mpg and stator burnout being a thing of the past. (Still looking for that immaculate barn find with a failed charging system!)

Meantime thanks to George. - Leave the brown lead flapping in the wind because the SH775 senses voltage internally. Thanks for the advice.
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

Walt_M.

Be on the lookout for flying pigs.If modern technology can make the Vision stators last...
Whale oil beef hooked!