News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Lotus Motorcycle tasty or trash?

Started by dingleberry, December 09, 2014, 03:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dingleberry

Found this while getting sidetracked again from productive work on PC. It has a certain appeal to me but I also think its ridiculous. I'm confused!!  :-\

http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/Lotus-Motorcycle-C-01?gclid=CNmSuK-q5rwCFa47MgodwiMAtA
You like, oui?

Rikugun

Well, it's different looking!  With a production run of 100 units I doubt I'll see many in person. A little surprised to see a 19" front wheel and dual shock swingarm.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

dingleberry

I find it more interesting how they got the 17" rear tyre on the 19" rear wheel! I'm sure that should read 17" in the spec sheet. Yes 19" on the front is large but given the rake angle and wheelbase this looks to be more of a high powered cruiser than (quote) superbike, although a 10.5 litre fuel tank won't have you cruising too far. They have done well to keep the weight down and good choice with the V twin, just a shame it cant be seen. If it was more naked I think I would like it a bit more.
You like, oui?

The Prophet of Doom

dingleberry

I'll definitely phone before I visit then... :laugh:

Fairing is great on tourers and race bikes, but this is neither of those. They must have made one ugly looking engine me thinks
You like, oui?

skucera

They look like a styling exercise, not real motorcycles.  There might be some possibilities if they designed them for use in real weather, with a real rider aboard, but they look like they offer no wind protection, and that rear wheel will throw a huge rooster tail of water right up the rider's back in any bit of rain.  Any air that goes in that front scoop has to come out somewhere, and it looks like the stylist neglected that practical consideration.  Also, it doesn't look like the rider can turn the handlebars full lock without crushing the rider's hands and denting the tank.

But aside from those quibbles, I love the bikes.  :)  I like the direction of the design more than what I'm seeing out of Japan these days, or out of H-D.

Scott

dingleberry

You like, oui?