News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

My new one and some reflections...

Started by Humber, April 16, 2013, 05:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humber

Just dropped here to say hello again and to show a bit.....

Don't want to litter so... I picked her in October and been working on it since then. I am not going to ride her that much, perhaps occassionally with my wife once a month. Mechanically it is very sound, visually.... it is under repainting and I am trying to give her an oem look. I love the looks of it by the way... so old-school. Bought as a Swiss restricted version (70ps) but now I gave her cams, carbs and ignition module, it is going to be where it should be  :)

My skills have progressed a lot  since I owned the vision... and my garage is fully equipped now with migs/tig, benders, mills, sandblasters whatever needed for a workshop freek (I am now 33 guys and still sitting in the garage).. so...

And... for some two years now.. I am finishing an old vw golf 2.... incredibly absorbing but I all in all I am doing well

... and if you had told me right then when I was 18 and tampering with the vision, that I would ever be in the position I am now, for sure I wouldn't have believed... but it has been 15 years  and somehow life is so generous for me, I am healthy, have a great wife, and it is possible for me to persue the things I love so much... and I must say it makes me happy...

and you are part of it, it's good to get back and take a look at the place/site where it all started...

so if you are a young visionary.. perhaps you will write the same in some 15 years time when, hopefully, I am 50... and we are both the senior members...
nie ma podpis?w

Rick G

Paul thats marvelous ! Congratulations on the golf  the bike and especially the wife .  Its very good to see you here.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

The Prophet of Doom

Wives are overrated.  Like visions, they get old and crappy after 30 years, but they are harder to restore.

Humber

Hi Rick....

I hoped you will come by.... I tried to contact you, but.. somehow I did not succeed.. is there a way to talk you on-line?

You don't seem to use yahooo any more?

nie ma podpis?w

Tiger

Quote from: roro on April 17, 2013, 03:00:01 AM
...Like visions, they get old and crappy after 30 years, but they are harder to restore.

...and even harder to get rid of!!! ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rick G

Paul , can you skype  or the version on Facebook?
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Humber

as far as I remember I have a skype account, what's your login there?
nie ma podpis?w

Rick G

Rick G

Humber

nie ma podpis?w

Rikugun

Looks great and it sounds like you breathed new life into the engine as well! My brother had a '95(?) but traded it in when he got his Street Triple R Triumph. The CBR was smooth, plush and a projectile on the highway but not terribly nimble on the backroads where we often ride. The little 675 triple is more (and then some) like the Vision in that respect.  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Humber

Good looking bike,

btw... you are right, if I were to choose to ride between a wheel barrow and the CBR.... the wheelbarrow would be the choice...  ;D the CBR loves the straights plus it is a bit better in the curves than a regular tourer... but nothing more...

nie ma podpis?w

Humber

Long time no see, so I will update... Fritz is all done.. enjoy

nie ma podpis?w

Kenny

Hi Humber,
    Its been a long time since we talked, I am glad to hear you are doing so well. I am retired now and have moved back to British Columbia so I can enjoy the great roads that this Province has to offer. We still have two 83 Visions , two XV920's a 92 TDM 850 and a 84 BMW R100rs , we sold one Vision before we left Ontario.
  We have gone back to the past a bit as at present we are living off the Grid and I don't have a shop yet , this summer the shop will happen. Who knows maybe now we are back in the west we may even make it down Rick's way.
   I have one other question for you, a few years back you had a friend who was manufacturing RK windscreens, any chance you are still in contact with him ?
  Enjoy your new toys !
           Thanks Ken Stuart (Kenny)     
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

The Prophet of Doom

Theres a NZ crowd that make and export RK screens.  Very nice they are too (predrilled ! and painted at the bottom just like stock) or different colours, double bubble shapes

www.godiva.co.nz

Part 8650

Humber

Quote from: Kenny on November 27, 2014, 08:23:42 PM
   Hi Humber,
    Its been a long time since we talked, I am glad to hear you are doing so well. I am retired now and have moved back to British Columbia so I can enjoy the great roads that this Province has to offer. We still have two 83 Visions , two XV920's a 92 TDM 850 and a 84 BMW R100rs , we sold one Vision before we left Ontario.
  We have gone back to the past a bit as at present we are living off the Grid and I don't have a shop yet , this summer the shop will happen. Who knows maybe now we are back in the west we may even make it down Rick's way.
   I have one other question for you, a few years back you had a friend who was manufacturing RK windscreens, any chance you are still in contact with him ?
  Enjoy your new toys !
           Thanks Ken Stuart (Kenny)     

Thanks...

Right then I made them in  MGG motorcycle company
http://www.mgg.com.pl/

But as you see, they don't list them anymore in the catalogue, I remember sending them mine so that they could reproduce it... I am not sure they still make them, I would have to ask...

Let me know if you want me to check it for you..
nie ma podpis?w

Kenny

Thanks Humber,
     It would be much appreciated, I had a slight side slide on a 401 on ramp and cracked the one I had.
  I have tried a couple of others but they don't flow the air the same way.
          Thanks Ken Stuart ;)
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Humber

Ok, will email them and let you know what they say..
nie ma podpis?w

Humber

Ok Kenny, they are stil available

the price for one is 210PLN with delivery to my addresss, if you want to have it made, try to measure the total length 'cos they need it.

nie ma podpis?w

Kenny

Thanks Humber,
    I believe the cracked one made the move to B.C. ,so I should be able to get the length. Any Ideas as to the shipping cost would be to Canada , Regular Postal service would be my ideal as I am not in a rush.
   Thanks Kenny :laugh: 
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Humber

I don't know the costs now, if you want it send me the lenghth.. and I just thought.. perhaps we could do with a shield without the holes now? just to be on the safe side, you could just drill them by yourself by placing in on the cowl. I think it would be better since not that long ago I placed an order on a shield for my CBR, and while the shield was ok, the holes did not match....

nie ma podpis?w