What did you do to your vision today?

Started by sunburnedaz, January 24, 2013, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

Round cross section seals you say - very interesting! Is the fit in the groove loose compared to the square profile seal? No drag when the brake is released and all that good stuff?

I was reading a thread on aussiefrogs.com about Renault R8G's where some calipers came with round seals and some with square. No obvious visual difference to the groove but somewhere a little engraving indicated which seal it came with from the factory. Apparently on later models, regardless of type originally fitted, either seal would work fine.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

cvincer

They were a good snug fit.  Assume that when the piston went in, the  round  ring compressed into the square section grove even more tightly.

No leaks after 4000kms. No drag noticed whether after braking or just lifting the wheel off the ground & spinning it.

Have also experimented by removing the caliper from the stanchion, inserting an old disc, operating the brake (to hold the disc), & releasing the brake ..... old disc just drops out.

b_racuda

Not actually today but yesterday I finally got my garage build to that point that I moved my Vision inside. I think it was time to do that because the temperature was minus 20 degrees of celsius this morning when I woke up. I wasn't worried when the temperature was minus 10 degrees because at the summer I did flush my cooling system and added a bottle of antifreeze in it. Hopefully Vision did survive this and there is nothing but starter issue to be fixed before the summer. When the temperature rises a bit I have to get Vision out because I still have to paint the garage floor with epoxy.

hoverhead47

Not strictly today now but yesterday I went with my local MC Club on a cruise to Apollo Bay via Meredith and Colac and return.  A total of 631 Km.  We avoided freeway and main road running for the most part so we had little to contend with other cars.  Bike did the job but I've gained the Vision hesitation in the two months since I rebuilt the carbs and and possibly a vacuum leak.  Will have to investigate that again.  Was a very long day and I'll probably be suffering tomorrow (today) for it.