News:

Main Menu

Fairing Recommendation

Started by Re-Vision, December 31, 2014, 01:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

Trying to assemble an 82 with all 83 upgrades. Was thinking that a fairing smaller than the stock fairing would look good on the bike. Any recommendations on which fairing would look best and which are still available.    BDC

The Prophet of Doom

There were two bikini fairings from Yamaha - I think either of these.  Other fairings just look tacked on

Hmmm, have you thought of doing the Air Current colour scheme? Still factory, but so rare I've not even seen a photo of a real one.

Re-Vision

If I was going to use that scheme, think I'd have a graphics shop make me vinyl decals. Looks good.     BDC

dingleberry

You like, oui?

QBS

One of the bikini fairings was called the shark.  It was used on several other Yamaha V contemporaries.  IMHO it was the better looking of the two bikini fairings.  Both of these fairings are handle bar mounted with all that that implies regarding high speed stability.

fret not

Dingleberry, that isn't a fairing, it's a gas tank and saddlebags.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

dingleberry

No, no, no. I was meaning around the headlight!  :laugh: :laugh:
You like, oui?

Rikugun

How about something like this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Motorcycle-Fairing-Headlight-2-Indicators-Dash-Sports-Black-/391009881114?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5b0a014c1a&vxp=mtr
or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Fairing-Headlight-2-Indicators-Universal-Streetfight-Head-Lamp-Black-/151534030658?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item234821cf42&vxp=mtr
or any of the other fine offerings straight from Hong Kong.

Maier has a couple of universal café offerings. Note the price difference between round and rectangle opening!
https://www.maier-mfg.com/catalog/street/universal-street

I'd suggest a period Seca, GPz, or GS bikini fairing but the price and availability may be sketchy.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Re-Vision

Dingleberry, I really appreciate the handwarmers, reminds me of my Honda Silverwing. I would squeeze exhaust pipes to keep warm. Won't need gloves for this model.       BDC

QBS

Rik, the first item on your list, at $32.00usd, looks like a screamin deal compared to the other two.  I'm especially impressed with the $0.99usd postage from Hong Kong.  Perhaps I'm missing something.

jefferson

I like the looks of those first 2 fairings, but I agree with Q that there is something up with that price.

fret not

One COULD contact the seller to verify details.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

The Prophet of Doom

It's not unusual to see fairings and the like around this price - but you get what you pay for. Looks like a deal - probably isn't.

I think the Chinese government subsidises postage heavily.

dingleberry

Quote from: ProphetOfDoom on January 02, 2015, 06:14:19 AM
I think the Chinese government subsidises postage heavily.

All part of their plan to control the world.... :-X
You like, oui?