News:

Main Menu

Radiator hoses

Started by 11davie, February 17, 2015, 07:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11davie

Hello!
It has been quite a while since I have posted here. The Vision has not been running for a very long time, about 10-12 years I think. I finally got it running last weekend but because the tires are at least 15 years old I am afraid to ride it too much. I am pretty sure I will go with the  Avon Roadrider, though I am toying with the Shinko 712, they are so much less $ but still have really good reviews. Also, I want to change out all the fluids (engine oil was done before I tried to start it) and replace the brake pads/shoes. Anyone have a good online source for brake parts in the states?

I've been also thinking of replacing all of the radiator hoses, they are so old I would hate to be stranded! Are these available from Yamaha or has anyone just bought the correct diameter and routed and cut them yourselves? I ask because there are so many bends.

I also need to get the tach working. I even bought a used one off of ebay (13 years ago) and that never fixed it, and it has been too long for me to remember all the steps I had taken to begin with.

I've been enjoying reading up in the forum again. Hearing the Vision run and taking on a short, less than a 2 mile ride, has really gotten be excited to ride again!

Rikugun

Yikes! You bought the tach 13 years ago??   :)  When was the last time you posted on the forum?

I share your concern with the radiator hoses but it doesn't seem to get talked about much. I guess that's a good thing as they don't fail often I guess?

a few years ago someone posted about a cross match to some automotive heater hoses or the like.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

11davie

Thanks for that info, very useful!

The last time I posted was in 2011 when I figured out what killed the Vision on my annual father/son (I'm the son) ride, we were in Canada at the time. Before that the last time I posted was probably around 2004/5 when I was working on getting the quirks out of my Vision. My dad was the first owner of it, an 82 with an 83 fairing. When he bought his new Concourse he sold the Vision to me on the cheap and at the time I was bike-less.

Re-Vision

Regarding radiator hoses, I've removed several from bikes and have yet to find one that looks to be in bad condition. As for your tach, I'm sure we can troubleshoot whatever problems you may have and likely have the parts to fix it.     BDC