News:

Main Menu

Rick G

Started by Re-Vision, February 18, 2015, 04:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Vision

dingleberry

thought rick g was back for a minute there...
You like, oui?

The Prophet of Doom

Alas, we have not seen Rick G for over a year.  A shame as he was particularly knowledgeable about many vision things.

Jimustanguitar

He's still kickin' though, right? Maybe just going through a different season in life with a little less internet?

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

fret not

Thanks for that Tiger.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Humber

Tiger, tell him I needed this info,

I was trying to get in touch with him for half a year, and even now I came here to check my PM box if he wrote back. If it is his choice for now to be silent then ok... good to hear he is rolling..
nie ma podpis?w

YellowJacket!

I still get a call or email from him every now and then.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

PwrManDan

I sent my carbs to Rick to repair, paid in advance nearly three years ago.  I have sent him messages and emails and he refuses to answer.  Today I sent him an email and told him that I either expected them returned fully repaired, or returned with a full refund.  His last message to me regarding the repair was on September 9, 2013 saying that they were ready to re-assemble.  He sent me an invitation to Linkdin, which I don't want.  I know he has gotten my PM's from this site yet he still refuses to answer.

I have not wanted to post something so publicly but am left with no choice.

The Prophet of Doom

Doesn't sound like RickG - never heard a bad word about him before.
Perhaps he blocked RoV emails and you really do need to contact him via Linked In

Re-Vision

I too similar problems getting my carbs back from Rick. I attribute none of this to dishonesty of any kind but rather to disorganization and distraction. I think he sold his Vision parts.       BDC

PwrManDan

I do hope that in fact it is the case where there is some sort of alternative explanation.

I am a logistics planner and have more to deal with that one man can sometimes handle, so I know the feeling.  That being said, sooner or later there has to be some time to catch up to deal with the irons that are in the fire so to speak.  I have sent messages to his personal email as well so maybe that is not a good address either, I just don't know.  Somehow though he did manage to get an invitation to me, so he must have my email address.  Though I can not speak to how Linkdin works - how did he know he was sending the invitation to the right person?

guzzi john

He is a bit disorganized like many of us Golden Agers. I'm the guy that introduced Rick to Visions something like 15+ yrs ago. We had a bit of a schism due to politics but his honesty is solid. We've both moved on from Visions,he went to a VX800 Suzuki and I've always had a diverse herd. I'm down to 4 now-'83 FT500 Honda Ascot,'07 Kymco People 250S,'02 Aprilia RST1000 Futura,and my latest project an '89 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan. Yes a "Cruiser" that I've un-cruisered by moving pegs & controls 1! foot back,added progressive springs & Koni shocks,normal bars,a Valkyrie seat and Victory mufflers. You may remember my last posts about the Air Cooled Vision XV500 cafe conversion. Selling that financed the VN. I read everything available searching for another V2 to cafe and chose the Kawi as its engine us very similar to the Futura's Rotax. The bike has turned out great. It handles very nice,has good brakes,comfortable ergos,very torquey,and super smooth-mirrors crystal clear @ 60-75. I'll as pix to AC Vision album.GJ ::)

Humber

Could anyone PM me a working mail to Rick?

it has been like 10 years I haven't talked to him...

Thank you!
nie ma podpis?w