News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

1983 Vision DMV Registration card from 1983.

Started by Single Carb Vision, March 23, 2015, 04:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Single Carb Vision

I came across the old registration card for the 1983 Vision I purchased new in 1983. It has the VIN on it and I was wondering if by any chance this bike is still around. I sold it in 1987 and regretted doing so shortly there after. The VIN is JYA11H007DA100429. I finally bought another one around 2011. If you have my original one it would be interesting to see/hear where it's travels have taken it. Thanks.

Rikugun

Great topic Single Carb! Seems like a bit of a long shot but would be awesome to connect with that owner and learn about the bikes history since your sale. Hopefully the owner is around and can shed some light.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Single Carb Vision

I figured it was worth a try. I know the bike had a little over 10,000 miles on it when I sold it in 1987. I even gave the guy the black and gold Nava Kevlar helmet I had, it went great with the bike..

ghostrider

If you google that VIN number, the search results contain three companies which will sell you a report about that VIN#.  I don't know what the report costs or what information is in it, but it could be worth a shot.

Single Carb Vision

Thanks for the info. If it doesn't sound like a rip off maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

Single Carb Vision

I did the Google on VIN. two came back saying no info. One said it had info for $9.95 which I would have taken a chance with but it turned out it isn't a secure site so I don't think I want to provide them with any of my info.  Thanks for the suggestion though.