News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

mixture adjusting screw order of assembly

Started by hoverhead47, October 04, 2014, 01:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoverhead47

Hi,
I've started reassembling my carbies using the 501 kits. 
I know I'll have some spare parts e.g. accel pump diaphragm and spring but I'm not sure about a tiny 'O' ring and and equally tiny washer.
I suspect they go in the mixture adjusting screw but as they didn't appear on either of the screws on tear down I'm not sure.
Can anyone confirm that this is the correct place? I would assemble in the order of spring, washer then 'O' ring correct?
The 16R fiche only shows the washer and 'O' ring no spring and calls part 61 "pilot screw set"
bfn,

Rikugun

The location and assembly order sounds right to me - at least it would be for North American models.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

pinholenz

Have a real good look in the mixture screw chambers. Chances are the washer or "o" ring is still in there. I used a  paperclip with tiny hook to get mine out.

Cheers
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

hoverhead47

Quote from: pinholenz on October 05, 2014, 06:34:43 AM
Have a real good look in the mixture screw chambers. Chances are the washer or "o" ring is still in there. I used a  paperclip with tiny hook to get mine out.

Thanks, I did finally discover the remaining O ring and washer in one of them. Could see anything in the other even with my boroscope camera.  Still, I didn't think of paper clip for hook so might just to be sure, take out the needles again and and have another look and feel.

Rikugun

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

hoverhead47

Hi,
Today I made a little hook from a paper clip and double checked that there was only one O ring and washer in each carb.  Fortunately there was, so made sure I had the initial settings (I had closed and counted the turns on the screws when I disassembled)  refitted the other bits and put it all back on the bike.
More to tell but not under this heading.