News:

Main Menu

Another new old bike

Started by vl5150, April 30, 2015, 03:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vl5150

I picked up a distant cousin to the Vision and #1 on my bucket list- The Honda Nighthawk 700s.   Nice ride and I don't think it overlaps with the Vision too much. 

Rikugun

I have a special place in my heart for the SC's!  :) That's a very clean and stock looking example too. They look good, run strong and never a chain or valve adjustment required - you can't do much better.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Old Man Zzzz

What year were they made....

jefferson

Those are really nice rides. Have always wanted one, but they never got to my price range. They hold their value very well it seems. Only thing I didn't like about them was the fuel capacity.

vl5150

These 700's were made from '84-'86 and IMO are a highwater mark of Japanese motorcycle quality. My 1st street bike was a '83 Nighthawk 650. Shaft drive too and hydraulic valves.  6 speed with overdrive and air cooled in-line DOHC 4.  I took that bike everywhere and it never let me down, but it really was a rat so I promised myself I would get a nice  one someday.

This 700 is pretty much stock with the exception of the handlebar, but that' fine by me since the superbike is by favorite bend.  I'm going to leave it 100% stock.

Single Carb Vision