News:

Main Menu

New owner of XZ550

Started by labusman, May 12, 2015, 11:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

labusman

Hi all. Thanks for letting me join the forum. I just purchased (rescued) a 1982 XZ550 with only 15000 kms on it. The bike seems to be in great shape unfortunately doesn't run. Turns over fine just has no spark. Previous owner changed the stator and put a used TCI box on. After being confused why the dash would light up as soon as I plugged the battery in with no key in the ignition I found he plugged the wrong four prong connector into the TCI. Awaiting the arrival of a new (used) one. Hope that fixes the starting issue!

The Prophet of Doom

Not the first person to a TCI like that.

You bike is upside down.  Are you from Australia?

labusman

Not sure what happened with the pic. I'm from Lethbridge, Alberta Canada.

Re-Vision

I went to Lethbridge once, only place I ever had French Fries with gravy on them.     BDC

jefferson

I always get a tub of gravy at Dairy Queen to dip my fries in. I've come to like it better than ketchup and I don't need to go to Lethbridge.

dingleberry

The good gravy thread  ;) My son loves dipping his KFC fries into potato and gravy pottle. Tried it myself and have to agree with him.

BTW welcome to the forum and hope you resolve your issue.  :)
You like, oui?

ghostrider

French Fries with gravy and cheese curds is a French dish called Poutine.  I've never had it personally but from what I hear, it is fantastic!