News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Intro

Started by Golden955, September 01, 2015, 11:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden955

Hi everybody, I got back into cycling last fall after a twenty year hiatus.  I currently ride a 99 Triumph 955 Sprint ST.  I spent my twenties on a Vision and miss it greatly.  I was looking them up and happened upon this site.  I will probably just lurk as it was a stretch for me to get one bike in the garage and doubt I could explain a second one showing up any time soon.  I just wants to say hi and I look forward to following the projects and discussions on here.

Here is me back in the 80s:

Bob V
Golden Co

Golden955

And here is one of my Sprint with some old dude on it:)

I put about 35k on my Vision, I believe it was an 82, picked up pretty cheap in 84 or so and sold it in Lubbock TX around 1990.  Reward for information regarding it's whereabouts!:)

devotee

Well you've got a nice ride now and still have that young face. Burrow out a place to stash that RK when you find it.
devotee
XZ550RK
XS750E
GL1000 (1976) project

Single Carb Vision

Bob, nice looking Triumph. I have a 1995 Triumph Adventurer sitting in my garage with my 83 Vision (running and in good condition) and also an 82 Vision that I use for parts as needed. I bought the Triumph in 2000 and rode it for about three years and then sold, (kind of sold) it to my son. He rode it for a year or so and then a fork seal leaked and he has never replaced it or ridden it again, it just sits. Enjoy your ride, whatever it is. They're all good. Take care.

Golden955

Single CV, that is genius.  My boy turns of age in a few years, I give him the bike and then I will need a new one!  A liter sport bike should be just the ticket for a 15yr old to learn to ride on:)

Single Carb Vision

You might not be able to keep up with him. Maybe you can pull a plug wire on his bike and keep him in sight. Stay safe.