Long time no see

Started by mdskinner731, December 15, 2015, 09:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdskinner731

I've been told that admitting u have a problem is the first step to recovery...
So... Here's my problem...
At the age of 16 I was blessed with my first vision.  Soon after I acquired a second. Then a third. And tonight I welcome #4 & #5 into my possession.  I'm running outta room to store parts rather quick like. Now I'm 25 and came to realize after many of these bikes my problem is that I have only ridden one of them for a short season. In the up coming riding season my girl friend told me that I need to finally fix them all to a rideable condition. Also she wants to learn how to ride one.   

Meaning of my rant is that one way or another I will be on 2 wheels this next season. 
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

fret not

Well, I'm not in your shoes but I can relate what happened to me.  My then girlfriend was the best passenger I had ever ridden with, she had complete trust in me.  Then she wanted to learn to ride by herself, so I taught her.  Problem is that she is not adventurous, timid around power tools, etc.  By teaching her to ride she became one of the worst passengers I have ever had.  Leaning too late or too early, shifting weight at the wrong time, anticipating braking too early, not anticipating acceleration, etc.  That was 44 years ago and she no longer rides by herself and she won't ride with me even though I have become much more civilized in my riding habits.

Part of the problem was that I had been road racing AFM club events in California for a few years, and that was my general state of mind when on a bike.  So even though I wasn't going all that fast on the street it was a lot faster than she would have gone by her self.  She is a law abiding citizen and generally follows the official rules of the road

Get the motorcycle hand book from the Dept. of Motor Vehicles and read it together, then maybe she could take a beginning MC course.  It's too easy to do the 'guy thing' and just ride, but she may need a more organized approach, and certainly she will need to pass the DMV tests.  If you put too much 'distance' in skill level between you and her you may end up with other distance between you. :police:

Regarding your Visions, I tend to agree with your girlfriend sort of.  If you have room to keep them all then you have a trove of spares to keep the two Visions you ride going.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!