News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

'82 Vision in Central IL. Lots of new parts, ready to ride. $1000

Started by TheRadBaron, April 20, 2016, 11:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRadBaron

Well, it's time to sell my '82 Vision.  I put a lot of work into fixing this bike up a couple years ago and turning it into a reliable bike for my wife to ride.  She ended up not really liking it because the seat height was taller than she'd prefer (sheesh).
Anyway, I put a lot of work into this machine.  It has a brand new battery and new tires installed less than 1000 miles ago.  I fixed up the starter clutch and installed a MOSFET regulator/rectifier that should last forever and fix any charging problems.
I rebuilt the forks and installed new seals.  The carbs were rebuilt and synchronized, valves were shimmed, fuel tank was prepped and sealed with Red Cote.  New Uni Filter air filter.
Sometimes this bike is a little bit hard to start but once it's running it really runs great.  The starting issue could probably be tuned out with some fiddling with the idle mixture screws but I never got it totally sorted.
The bike isn't cosmetically perfect but it's solid.  It has about 34,000 miles.  If you're interested and you'd like better pictures or more info just let me know.  The bike is out in the country about 20 miles west of Champaign, IL.  I have a clean title in my possession.  I'd like $1000 and I could possibly help with delivery.  Also, please let me know if I'm out of the ballpark on pricing.  I'm not really sure what these bikes go for.  Thanks.
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise. -Tacitus

TheRadBaron

TheRadBaron