New XZ Owner - UK

Started by Dunny, April 25, 2016, 09:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunny

Hi all,

I am the proud new owner of an 1982 XZ550 based in the UK (well I have had it a few months now but took me ages to get my registration approved on here). Its not in great shape but at least appears to run quite well. Needs a complete restore and that is my longer term plan.

I also own a 1979 CX500 that is in mid restore plus a 1993 Honda VFR 750 and a 2000 BMW R1100s Sport.

XZ is currently at the back of the queue but one day it will look like the picture I saw that got me interested in the first place!!

Regards

D

fret not

Welcome, Dunny.  You may find we are sometimes a bit slow to respond, and other times maybe a bit too quick.  I hope you enjoy the journey getting to know your "new" XZ.  It will be an education in depth by the time you get it going well.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

The Prophet of Doom

QBS

Dunny, welcome to the group.  It would seem that your taste in bikes runs similar to mine.  I suspect that after you get your V well sorted, you'll prefer it over any of the bikes you have now, especially if you put a fairing on it.  FYI, I've owned my '83 since '84.  Cheers.

Rikugun

Welcome to the group Dunny. It sounds like you have a nice stable of rides to choose from. Glad to hear your XZ runs well - that's usually the biggest hurdle to ownership.  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan