News:

Main Menu

I just want to ride...

Started by b_racuda, June 08, 2016, 03:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b_racuda

I bought my Vision at the May 2014, today counted that I have been riding 2800 kilometers so far. After a long winter this year total of 290 kilometers. Very frustrating, feels that you repair one part and then find couple more places to repair. The summer is so short here, from May to August is warm enough for me to drive a motorcycle. Last year the bike was ready on July and fell apart on August. Tired of looking parts from Ebay and waiting them couple of weeks and tired for repairing. But I have gone too far with this bike, spend too much time to get it running, now I don't want to give up. Maybe when I finally get it running I just go and buy a new bike because I don't have confidence that it will keep running.

Stator, starter clutch, rectifier, starter solenoid, starter repair, valve adjustment, new spark plug leads and caps, shaft drive seal, steering head bearings, wheel bearings, ignition unit, fuse box, POR coating to tank, frame sandblasting and powder coating, rims sandblasting and powdercoating, new set on tires, round led headlamp, led blinkers, new battery, stainless steel brake lines, new brake shoes, new cables, painted tank, new seat cover, digital speedo, digital thermometer, digital volt meter, new petcock, iridium spark plugs, carbs cleaned and changed needed parts, carbs again cleaned this time with ultrasonic cleaning and changed butterfly valve seals and to be continued...

Rikugun

I feel your pain. My first couple of seasons were much of the same although my season is a bit longer here. The bike did eventually get sorted and became quite reliable. Hang in there, you're getting closer.  :)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Walt_M.

Yes, Visions can be frustrating. You have done so much with yours, it would be a shame to give up on it. I have thought all along that the carburetors were this bike's real Achilles heel. I think my FRZ carbs are going to work but my progress is probably too slow to be of help to someone who wants to ride right away. But if I can get the carbs to physically mount on the bike, I think I can get them to work.
Whale oil beef hooked!