4th of July

Started by Rikugun, July 04, 2016, 09:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

To those that celebrate the day, have a happy and safe one. It's a nice enough day here (although hot) to go riding but I think I'll hang out at home. I had a very nice ride on Saturday with one of my brothers so today I'm devoting to a project out in the shop.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Walt_M.

I second that. Put the flag up and went to my shop. Made my second bracket for the choke linkage and worked on cable routing. No joy there as I may need a longer cable. Anyway, happy fourth.
Whale oil beef hooked!

The Prophet of Doom

Over here (as a British colony) we recollect the 4th of July by burning effigies of corrupt US presidents on bonfires and staging anti-nuclear protest marches.  To each their own I guess.

Single Carb Vision

You have a couple of effigies in the making right now. Both are equally deserving of your tribute even if un elected.

Rikugun

Quote from: ProphetOfDoom on July 04, 2016, 03:31:37 PM
Over here (as a British colony) we recollect the 4th of July by burning effigies of corrupt US presidents on bonfires and staging anti-nuclear protest marches.  To each their own I guess.

As a former British colony we do much the same on occasion. See, we're not that different the world 'round.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan