News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Hurricane Hermine

Started by Walt_M., September 02, 2016, 08:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt_M.

Had a little storm around here yesterday but we got lucky. We live about fifty miles from the Gulf but it is close enough. We just had a couple of limbs down here and a two hour power outage. Went to our coast house this afternoon and it is okay, no flooding and no trees down but no power. So we came back home where the power is still on, washed the love bugs off the truck and fired up the grill so not so bad. But the season is young.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Rikugun

Sounds like you dodged a bullet this time. Hopefully if there are more they'll track away from you. It would be tragic to lose the bikes to a storm. I mean loss of life and home would be terrible I suppose, but you've got so much work in the into the Vision it would be a real shame!  :)

Glad you are safe.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Walt_M.

Yea, when I reread my post it almost sounded like I was gloating. I wasn't. I was just so happy we were ok. A lot of people had it much worse, flooded houses, trees down and power outages. The City of Tallahassee which is 20 miles from me has over 50,000 without power and it will take days to get them back.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Rikugun

Maybe I should reread my response - I didn't hear any gloating in yours though. I was just being goofy and making light of what could have been a bad outcome.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Walt_M.

I didn't see anything negative in your post, I was just being critical of mine.
Whale oil beef hooked!