Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Suzuki XN85 Turbo

Started by turbosteve84, July 07, 2017, 09:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbosteve84

OK, I'll break the ice on this thread.

1983 Suzuki XN85 Turbo.

The "85" refers to claimed horsepower (Hah!! More like 75). Turbocharged, 650cc, fuel injected, 16" front wheel, 4-into-1 exhaust.

I've had the bike for over 20 years. Bought it as a true barn-find basket case. I've got 49K miles on it.

Nice handling bike, reliable (except for the charging system which -- like similar setups -- has the stator turning in hot oil), and surprisingly comfortable (300-mile days in the saddle -- no problem).

I've coaxed a few more horses out of it by installing a turbocharger waste gate bleeder. It lets the XN reach it's full boost potential of 12 psi. Other than that it's stock.

Almost ALL parts are unobtainium. I'll just run it until it doesn't. Getting it on boost always brings a smile.

Steve
Steve
saddlebums.tumblr.com

Rikugun

Very nice! I rode one of those "back in the day". I and several other employees were shuttling bikes back to the dealer from a local show. Unfortunately it rained on our way back and spirited riding was out of the question. It did seem to have a comfortable cockpit and the 650 engine it was based upon was very reliable as I recall. Anywho, thanks for the post and nice job keeping the bike looking like new.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan