News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Making triple cflamps

Started by fret not, April 14, 2018, 02:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fret not

My apology to ROV for not putting photos in this thread but my technical abilities have been somewhat eroded, as my Apple/MAC computer has morphed since I bought it.  It now has a 'new' operating system and no longer supports the iPhoto program I was using (it turns out that iPhoto is NOT an Apple program!?*&##!), so now I can't access any of the photos I have in iPhoto, or add any new ones.  This reminds me of Detroit's 1950s 'planned obsolescence' program to get folks to buy new cars every few years.  Feels a lot like going uphill.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

briandneville

highly off topic but:  iPhoto is the old version what is now just called 'photos', and loads up as a part of your 'new' operating system, then you can import the images from iphoto to photos and access them as before

this does get iffy when using older macs as eventually they don't work with the 'latest' software and you are eventually edged out and forced to buy a new computer.  this has happened to me a few times.  good luck and if you need help ask I am willing to offer what I know.
How did it come to this?

fret not

Wow! Thanks Brian.  Is there a tutorial for doing that operation?  I had been using the iPhoto program since we got this computer ('17) not realizing it was not an Apple product, and now that they upgraded the operating system all the stuff in iPhoto is not accessible.  The iPhoto program is still on the Mac but it's icon has a circle with bar through it to tell me NO!  So the computer knows what is there but won't go there.  I feel like roadkill on the internet highway.

briandneville

type 'move iPhoto library to photos' into your browner and it'll bring up a lot of resources.  Sounds like you need to open photos while holding down the option key and it'll bring up some dialogue box that will allow you select the iPhoto library.

Good luck!  It'll be a pain in the ass for sure.
How did it come to this?

fret not

Pretty much roadkill.  The new operating system(Catalina 10.15.7) doesn't seem to recognize the iPhoto program.  Holding down the OPTIONS key and opening the Photos program opens a screen, but no prompts. Nothing to select.