News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

#7 joins the fleet

Started by The Prophet of Doom, March 27, 2019, 01:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain

Its getting very close now????

Iain
NZ

vintage bikeworks

Quote from: Prophet Of Doom on February 28, 2021, 12:15:21 AM
Front twin disk brake still has too much lever movement, but I’ve bled three times (from both directions).  No bubbles, and no visible leaks.  There must be a bubble caught somewhere

Have you tried the time tested method of zip tying the brake lever to the handgrip and leaving overnight?  This should eliminate all the micro bubbles in the fluid.  They will rise up to the master cylinder and vent to the open air space there.  Works for me every time and gives a solid feeling lever. 

Looking sharp otherwise p.o.d. !!  Paint color is very nice.  Is it a factory color?  Looks more candy apple than the red I've seen on others but I like! 
1982 Yamaha XZ550 Vision
2002 Yamaha FZ1
1978 Honda CB400TII Hawk
2018 Yamaha FJR1300

The Prophet of Doom

That's a good hint.  I'll try that.

This is a brand new set kept in a box since 1982, not a repaint.  It doesn't get any more accurate than this, and the pic I posted is a pretty faithful reproduction of what it looks like in real life. The red of the Euro and Australasian versions is different from US models.  It's clearcoat over red candy over silver.

vintage bikeworks

Quote from: Prophet Of Doom on March 01, 2021, 11:17:13 PM
That's a good hint.  I'll try that.

This is a brand new set kept in a box since 1982, not a repaint.  It doesn't get any more accurate than this, and the pic I posted is a pretty faithful reproduction of what it looks like in real life. The red of the Euro and Australasian versions is different from US models.  It's clearcoat over red candy over silver.
Paint reminds me of the Honda candy apple red they used during the early to mid 70's. The Honda 50 mini trail and larger CT70 mini trail.  Maybe even some of the smaller street bikes too. Remember?
1982 Yamaha XZ550 Vision
2002 Yamaha FZ1
1978 Honda CB400TII Hawk
2018 Yamaha FJR1300

The Prophet of Doom

It's hard to believe I've not touched this bike in 10 months, but what with the plague, winter, family illness, other projects...
Still, it's summer holls now, sunny, 30-odd degrees, no responsibilities and the garage calls.

A fresh battery charge and the thing leapt into life on first second crank.  No choke, no throttle.  I've never had a V start so easily.
It then proceeded to dump all my fuel on the garage floor through the overflows. Grrr

It's got to be either sticking floats or leaking float valves.  Carbs out tomorrow.