Motorcycle Classics article

Started by Ron_McCoy, April 20, 2019, 01:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron_McCoy

Received the May/June issue of Motorcycle Classics. The subjectbof their "On The Radar" column is 1982-1983 Yamaha XZ550R Vision. Also a nice letter from our own Ken Stuart with a picture of his immaculate 83. Their search to find Visions for sale only turned up 3 82s and no 83s.

The Prophet of Doom

Can you scan and post it for the collection?

Kenny

Hi Guys,
        Thought I'd let you know that I haven't really fallen off the planet. I pick up Motorcycle Classics Mag. occasionally and never heard or saw any mention of the Vision and had to send a couple of photo's and a couple of words.
    Ron I rode out to the 25th reunion and met you at the rally, I was still working at the time as a civilian AME with the Canadian Forces Airbus 310 and left early on Sunday for Trenton On. - so I missed some of the planned rides. 
  We still have the same Vision which now has a 120,000 klms on it and I just put the 1st stator in it. We moved from Ontario to British Columbia in 2014 and have been busy making our Off Grid home & Shop work .
     I hope to get out this summer and get back on the beautiful mountain roads we have here.
                         Nice to be retired, although I miss the cross country jaunts 8).
       Cheers Ken Stuart  (Kenny)

2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

VisionMeister

I just posted some info on Motorcycle classics website in response to the recent article on Visions.
I was hoping to find a way to post pictures so I could add some from our group rides.
If anyone can figure out how to do that it would be nice to show off our dedicated fanbase. There are lots of pictures buried here at Riders of Vision.