Main Menu

MotoGp 2020

Started by Walt_M., February 29, 2020, 08:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt_M.

Race 2 is in the books and it was televised live in the US. No spoiler though.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Yeah!  I saw it on NBC at 11:30 on Sunday morning.  I had read the results earlier, so knew some things to watch for during the race.  I missed the first race on Saturday because I didn't know about it being on TV, but someone told me about the Sunday race on a local channel.  very nice!  They sometimes slow the video so you can see how everything moves at speed.  There are some very good camera operators involved, and they know of some shots that are particularly dramatic and interesting, plus the views from the cameras on the bikes, so one's interest and attention happily follow along. 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

MikeScoot

As an ex-professional (that 'ex' bit hurts) photographer I have to agree. Those guys do a great job and so does the entire DORNA production team.

And, of course, the subject matter is sensational! I've covered a few MotoGPs and GP's as an accredited photographer and it is always a blast!

The last (most recent) race was - even watching a day late and at home - excellent! At first I thought they were exaggerating the taxing conditions but the attrition rate proved the race to have been just as tough as they had forecast early on. They did, however, get it very wrong when they reckoned the Yams wouldn't do too well. In fact, the Yams did just the opposite - they did MUCH better than anyone else! And if Team Vision had been racing they would have done even better! :-)
Both Luthers had their dreams,
But I've just got one Vision.
Theirs got them into strifes,
Mine just takes me fishin'.

Walt_M.

Next race is at Brno which is supposed to favor Ducati due its longer straights. Yamaha has to find out why 2 of its engines failed at Jerez. And will 2 weeks off be enough for Marquez to recover? He is by no means out of the championship hunt.
Whale oil beef hooked!

MikeScoot

Yeah, the Dukes have their usual long legs and seem pretty competitive.  Actually it's shaping up as being a season where EVERYONE will be keen to make up for lost time and go hard!
Looking forward to the next race!

fret not

This abbreviated race season brings the races thick and fast in the attempt to fill in the numbers to actually make a season.  Likely to be short and intense, with any mistake magnified.  Sorry for Marc this season as no one should have to race with a broken arm, or leg, or back.  I just hope he doesn't damage the arm further.  Next season is just around the new year corner.  With 5 months remaining in this year there is yet time to wring out a season to satisfy the fans and at least to some degree the sponsors.  Get it on TV so the world can see those logos. :police:

lexx790

UK TV presenter Suzi Perry had a breakfast club during lockdown where she interviewed various people in the mornings.
Being the presenter of UK pay per view channels which hosts all the moto GP races there's quite a few interviews with Moto GP riders.
Catch them up on her youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChOEa-ARic2ygLLBo5hs0kA

Walt_M.

Well, tomorrow should be an interesting race even without Marquez. Zarco is on pole, Quartararo and Morbidelli. I just saw my cable schedule and it will be on NBCSN at 0730 Eastern US tomorrow. Don't forget to set your dvr.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Well, NBC had lacross and then hockey this Sunday, so I revert to reading what bits of info that come through the various sources.  WOW!  KTM has a win in MotoGP!  And done for them by none other than the South African ROOKIE, Brad Binder!  WAY TO GO!  Johan Zarco must be feeling a bit strange now as he left the KTM team in a rather unseemly manner just before the season started.  His Ducati ride can't be that much better of a bike than the KTM, and by now the KTM is continuing to be refined.  KTM is in it to win it as evidenced by their dirt bike prowess, and I am not surprised they would bring a competitive bike.  This is just a bit sooner than I expected.  Zarco left too early.

With Marc Marquez out of the picture for now we get to see who has the goods.  It looks like Honda needs to work on the handling of their bike if they want to have better finishes.  I think they have just depended on Marc to win in spite of the bike. 

MikeScoot

Certainly some great racing going on this season and still more races to come. The way it's going anything could happen!!!

Walt_M.

It's on the NBC Sports network here. Austria is next, Sunday the 16th at 0730 EDT. As a bonus, they are reshowing Brno at 6, KTM and Brad Binder's first MotoGp win.
Whale oil beef hooked!

MikeScoot

The races are coming thick and fast this season. I wonder how the teams like it.

Walt_M.

Unbelievable race in Austria! Bless NBCSN, it ran 16 minutes over and they showed the whole race. Hope you all got to see it.
Whale oil beef hooked!

MikeScoot

And another excellent 2ND race in Austria on the 23rd.
This season, with no exaggeration whatsoever, is turning out to be one of the very best EVER!
I reckon a few folks might be scratching their heads wondering how to cook this kind of frantic action into future seasons.
For me the answer is easy - just equip all bikes with flame throwers!

Walt_M.

They could also force Marc to retire. An uninjured Marc Marquez would have 3 wins and a hundred points at this time.
Whale oil beef hooked!

MikeScoot

lolol I understand your point well. Having one rider dominate gets a bit boring. But he's exceeded his limit and is paying the price. That's giving quite a few others a chance to bask in the limelight a while and spiced this season up a lot.
Perhaps we can all pass the hat around for a Marquez retirement fund. :-)
Still, I remember it was the same (predictable) for a while while Rossi was winning everything, and was also the same in F1 cars with Schumacher.

Walt_M.

Marquez has had so many miraculous saves over the years that the odds finally caught up with him. As it is now, he is expected to miss 2-3 months. A practical individual might think about retirement at this point. But a practical individual might have settled for a safe 3rd at Jerez.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

I wonder if Marc has 4 wheel inclinations.   As long as he can ride MotoGP he has a home at Honda.  There is MONEY in F1.

MikeScoot

Well I, for one, will pitch-in to buy him a set of fluffy dice to hang from the rear-vision mirror of the car!
He does seem like a nice fellow though, and very obviously extremely talented, so I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing him a speedy recovery and continued success. Best wishs to others too so that they can do the same!!!
Feck - feel like a politicial after writing that drivel!

Walt_M.

That's not even close to political, you didn't call anyone a racist.
Whale oil beef hooked!