A lot of Yamaha Vision parts - NOS and hard to find.

Started by davexz, June 22, 2020, 04:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davexz

I have a lot of Yamaha Vision parts in the attic of my garage.  I used to own a few and no longer do.  I would like to make a package deal to someone and get rid of the whole lot.  If interested, I can get more details but here is some of what I have:  very nice gas tank, forks, new Bassani exhaust, a lot of new gaskets, new seals and new water pump parts, a valve shim tool, a few sets of NEW intake carb holders, a spare engine that should run, carburetor parts, new air cleaners, starter parts and new starter clutch, swing arm with drive shaft, etc.  I live near Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  Need to sell and don't want to send to the landfill so make an offer. If interested I can get you more info or pictures.  Thanks, Dave

The Prophet of Doom

A bit far away on our Pacific Islands, but if you can't find a buyer for the lot, I really really need a new exhaust. 
Not familiar with the Bassani though.  What does it look like?

Walt_M.

Wonder if he has your heat shield? I too would like to see the Bassani exhaust.
Whale oil beef hooked!

The Prophet of Doom

Keep your mitts off Walt, I've bagsied the exhaust.  I'll send you pictures though while I'm gloating.

Good point about the heat shield though.  Dave, if you have a heatshield I need one of them too.

Staaticus

Hey I'm actually not that far away, just a little outside Springfield MO. I've been working on restoring an 82 I picked up last year and finally got around to messing with. I'd be interested in the gaskets, seals, water pump parts and quite possibly the gas tank as mine has a big dent in it and is quite rusty. Given how slow this place can be I'll probably send you a pm as well. Not to be annoying but it seems like water pump parts are especially hard to find online.

Walt_M.

I think the water pump parts are still available, have you tried Partzilla?
Whale oil beef hooked!

Staaticus

I have not but I will definitely be looking into it now haha. The cooling system condition is pretty unknown to me but I'm betting it could use some work. Thanks for the heads up Walt_M.

davexz

I'll try and get a picture of the Bassani exhaust.  I do remember that it is black and not chrome.  Also, what is the heat shield part you are talking about?

The Prophet of Doom

Great, thanks Dave. 
I guess I'd be able to get it chromed.
This is the heatshield I need, but the exhaust is my real priority to get the bike running

davexz

Attached are pictures of some of the big things I have for sale (bassani exhaust, seat, 2 stock exhausts, gas tank that someone painted star wars Darth Maul, and a heat shield)  On the heat shield, it looks like a small piece might have broke off on the end above the slot but not sure and the rest of it has no cracks.  If you are looking for other parts let me know because I may have them. If interested in these parts, make me an offer, text or call 319-five38-20two5. I prefer to ship only in the USA.  Thanks, Dave

Walt_M.

That Bassani looks nice. Can I have dibs if Rohan doesn't want it? But I think the heat shield is what he needs.
Whale oil beef hooked!

The Prophet of Doom

All yours Walt.  It looks to me exactly like a "Mac Performance" exhaust, perhaps Bassani on-sold them but they look nothing like the typical Bassani tapered megaphone.  Not that I have anything against Macs, they are much lighter, and sound better than stock - just not for this build which I'm looking to be as factory at possible.

I'll PM about pricing for the 2a exhaust and heatshield.

Walt_M.

I believe you are correct Rohan, I was fooled by the photo layout. I like having the exhaust exit left and right so I'll just keep my Spec IIs.
Whale oil beef hooked!

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: Walt_M. on July 05, 2020, 06:36:44 AM
I believe you are correct Rohan, I was fooled by the photo layout. I like having the exhaust exit left and right so I'll just keep my Spec IIs.
I like the Spec IIs. 
I have a set I imported from USA for the super-mod.  Got them ceramic coated at huge expense but they pitted so much during blasting that they look awful.  Ended up with a very nice "For Competition Only" Predator 4-1 from the UK though.

Walt_M.

Have you considered the Italian Marving? I just now looked at their site and they have what looks like a mufflers only set for a sale price of 305 euro.
Whale oil beef hooked!

The Prophet of Doom

I looked, it said EUR 446.89.
Anyway I don't love them so much visually

kevin g

I went to the Marving sight and there was no photo of them.  Can you post a link to where there is a photo?

briandneville

I am VERY interested in the chrome exhaust systems.  Send me a text or e-mail directly:

206-406-1163
briandneville64@gmail.com
How did it come to this?

Walt_M.

Kevin, there is a pic of the Marving on page 3 of the Swap Shop. Redbaron had one for sale. click on the link then the download.
Whale oil beef hooked!