News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Cycleworld magazines

Started by motoracer8, February 17, 2021, 03:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motoracer8

Gentalmen of the forum, I have a collection of Cycleworld magazines from 1962 to the last print issue. Most are in binders and I'd like them to go away. I'd like someone to take them all.  Of course id like to sell them and don't want them to end up in a dumpster.  No single issues, entire volumes maybe.
If anyone is interested email me at ken.gerard10@yahoo.com
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

fret not

Ken, is there going to be a Japanese Motorcycle Swap/Show this year?  I went to a couple in Auburn a few years ago.  Such an event would be a good place to offer the CycleWorld magazines.  Also, maybe when Speedway season starts up again.  I have divested of my CycleWorld and British MCN papers a few years ago, and I have not missed them.   There is just too much other stuff to fill the days, though it is nice to be able to research what used to be the top stuff.  Technical articles from the likes of Kel Carruthers, Kevin Cameron, Irv Kanamoto, etc.  Some real insight of the times into racing machines of the two wheeled persuasion. 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

motoracer8

Hi Mike. I moved to Arizona in August and don't know if the VJMC is going to put on a swap and show this year or not? Attendance in the Auburn show had been falling and interested parties to put it on have been lacking. Rent and insurance on the fairgrounds keep going up so who knows??

I was a participant in the  Clubman show in San Jose for 15 years. Same thing, rent and insurance priced us out of there so 2019 was the last Clubman show.  It's the same with AHRMA and vintage motorcycle events in California. Insurance has gotten to the point that promoters have a hard time making any money.

I haven't been in AZ long enough to know what kind if any vintage motorcycle events go on here. I live in Payson, alittle town 90 miles north of Phoenix. Very little motorcycle presents here. I'll have to down to Phoenix to participate in anything motorcycle related. I still have all my motorcycles and the Vision so i'll see how it goes??  The CW mags are still in California and I really don't want to bring them here. They may end up in the dumpster??

Ken 
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British