News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

New Colour Scheme

Started by The Prophet of Doom, September 16, 2020, 05:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prophet of Doom

I found this while looking on Yahoo!JapanAuction.
A colour scheme I've never seen before. 

"Yamaha genuine poster XZ550 Overseas photography Kawa Unused beauty products.  At that time this poster was distributed in very small quantities to Yamaha dealers in 1983. It will be an overseas shooting poster of XZ550.  At that time, it was a poster that was rarely on the market, so I think it is a very rare item that is not available at all now. The poster size is B3 deformed (515 x 340) size, and since it is an unused item, it is a beautiful item without breaking, bending, discoloration, etc."

fret not

What color is that stripe?  Is it red, or orange, or some other blend like cream of tomato soup?  Accurately reproducing color can be difficult.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

MikeScoot

Yes, and the photo doesn't appear to display accurate colour at all. Possibly the result of scanning an aged print, film type used or simply messing around in the darkroom or photoshop.
Not sure about the bike itself - too small in the frame to see it well - but the photo is quite a nice one (apart from the dude looking, when viewed from a distance, as though he is biting his fingernails for fear of his girlfriend's response to him buying that 'bloody motorbike').

If I had to hazzard a guess, and bearing in mind the photo is quite desaturated, I would say the red is Santa Claus red (Coca Cola red). In other words, just plain old simple red.

EDIT, after enlarging the top photo we can see that is actually a poster, so the colour may also be affected by the quality of printing and ageing of the inks and paper used.
  A quick and rough guess at the likely colour is attached.
Both Luthers had their dreams,
But I've just got one Vision.
Theirs got them into strifes,
Mine just takes me fishin'.