News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Reborn 1982 Vision!

Started by Bruce Nielsen, February 06, 2021, 10:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Nielsen

Here are some highlights from my Vision project that started August 2nd, 2020. I came across this Vision at a barn sale in Hartford, Wisconsin. It came with clear title, no key, but I thought it looked awesome, so I purchased it for $200 in non-running condition.

It was pretty complete, but I figured it was going to be a costly project. The pictures attached only tell a very little of what I have done to get it to running condition.

I am thankful for briandneville for selling me a muffler that is in very good condition, since the current exhaust is not stock. I was able to purchase a really nice set of main front pipes; which will be installed soon with new pipe seals between pipes and muffler.

I haven't even had a chance to ride my Vision, so I am very excited for winter to be over to get out on the road in my awesome restored 1982 Yamaha Vision.

Anyone interested in more information about my restoration feel free to contact me. I have many pictures to share, but I am unable to here in this single post.
Bruce B. Nielsen
Hartford, WI, USA

fret not

Welcome to the group, Bruce.  I'm sure you have accessed some of the older discussions, there is a lot of practical information accumulated on this site.  Making everything work is the first goal, and that is enough for many.  Then there are those that just can't leave well enough alone (part of the Human Condition) and improve or customize their XZ.  Good luck and happy riding.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!