News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

MotoGP 2021

Started by fret not, February 27, 2021, 12:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fret not

Moto journalists are not without things to write about, but not racing yet.  Before the season officially begins there will be a practice session before a race weekend, likely jammed together as two consecutive weekends at the same track so everyone doesn't have to travel so much.   Big question is "what about Marquez?"  We just wait and see.  Otherwise it looks like a great setting for the new season as all the seats are filled for now, and mechanical advances have been made by everyone we hope.  It is a very good group of riders on some very competitive machinery, as the 'new guys' are quickly catching up with the big factories.  Because of the virus, this season will probably unfold much like last season, only the 'names will be changed to protect the innocent'. (They will figure it out when they get there.)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Walt_M.

Pre-season testing is underway in Qatar and Marc is not there. He knows he came back too soon last year so he doesn't want to rush it.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

I certainly wish Marquez heals well this time.  Whatever happens will be interesting as the competition is at a very high level, and now Aprillia has joined the 'sharp end' of the pack.  I have a feeling that the virus isn't done yet, and that will figure heavily in the revenue streams of promoters, and really everyone connected with MOTOGP racing.  There are better days ahead, and I hope we can get there soon.  Gotta have crowds through the gate buying tickets, souvenirs, food, etc.$$$.

Walt_M.

Interesting new wrinkle, the government of Qatar has offered to vaccinate the GP paddock. That won't help the fans but the series can proceed.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Walt_M.

Looks like the race in Qatar is still on for Sunday the 28th.
Whale oil beef hooked!

MikeScoot

Great news thread! Thanks for the 'heads up'.
Both Luthers had their dreams,
But I've just got one Vision.
Theirs got them into strifes,
Mine just takes me fishin'.

Walt_M.

FP2 is complete and Ducati are 1-2, all the Yamahas are in for Q2 for now.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Looking at the qualifying lap times shows that competition will be fierce in all the classes.  This is shaping up to be another interesting season as the struggle goes on.   What surprises will appear along the way? 8)

Walt_M.

The MotoGp is scheduled to be on NBCSN at 1130 PM eastern US time. That's past my bedtime so I will be watching Monday morning, it'll be like Christmas! The qualifying times are so close.
Whale oil beef hooked!

MikeScoot

lolol "Like Christmas" lolol   Yeah, certainly a treat to look forward to. I'll be watching after about a day's delay too.
Will download practice sessions etc. to watch in the meantime.

Walt_M.

Thanks to Videopass, I got to open my present early. The buffering was not good but it was a good return to racing. No spoiler here but watch when you can. And to put the bow on it, we come back next weekend and do it again.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Walt_M.

FP for Losail 2 starts tomorrow. Be interesting to see who has done their homework.
Whale oil beef hooked!

MikeScoot

I have to thank you fellas for not posting any spoilers. Thanks.
Finally cued-up to watch race one right now!
Cheer :-)

(edited after watching the race) Wow! Yet another excellent race. It just keeps getting better and better! Looks like another spectacular season is underway. Bravo!

Walt_M.

Round 2 is over, another must watch.
Whale oil beef hooked!

MikeScoot

lololol Whew! Finished watching it only a couple of minutes ago. Breathtaking! Just when we thought it couldn't get any better IT DID! Sensational racing!
I need a valium sandwich!

Walt_M.

On to Portimao, but will Oliveira again exercise his dominance or will tires be the factor? The softs don't work on KTMs. Will Marc be back? The plot thickens.             As of April, 12, Marc Marquez is slated to be at Portimao this week, oh boy!
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Marc has announced he will be at Portimao this weekend.  Cleared to race by his doctors.  We get to see which Marc will show up.  I just hope he doesn't get hurt.  Mending arm and all.

MikeScoot

I'll be a bit surprised if Marc spends much time at the "cutting edge". After all, he's been sidelined for a few months and that has to have had an effect on his attitude (read; SHJT, I'm not superman after all). But the guy is always full of surprises so I suppose we'll just have to wait to see how he feels and what he does.

Also of very great interest is that Dovi has expressed great resolution to return to MotoGP - on an Aprilia. That's a bit down the track but worth keeping an eye on as things develop.

Lately we are seeing some of the best racing I can recall - ever! Might start keeping the vids archived.

fret not

Several contenders crashing out (Rins, Miller, Zarco, etc.), . . . the pace is fierce!  If Marc remains healthy I would expect him to challenge for the championship before the season is done.  At this time he needs to rebuild the muscle strength of his damaged arm, the bone seems to be good now. 

They line up on Sundays, and ya never know what will happen.

Walt_M.

Next stop, Jerez. Quartararo won there last year. It's also the scene of Marc's crash. Lots to think about.
Whale oil beef hooked!